·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Lol.Ez for Fusc.Unlucky Shapo

joke aside expect some blockbuster,but Fusc still wins

·
Registered
633 Posts
They have never met afaik. The Hungarian has won against players like Goffin, Wawrinka, Berrettini, Fognini and Khachanov so he's obviously capable of playing top level tennis. A dangerous R1 opponent for Shapo.

·
justice for all
15,281 Posts
Denis is straights, please. He needs to routine these kind of players if he wants to become a top contender.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Denis is straights, please. He needs to routine these kind of players if he wants to become a top contender.
Know what you mean. But to "routine" a seasoned and experienced journeyman is not easy. Especially as Fucsovics can swing freely with nothing to lose. All the pressure is on Denis.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
I am really looking forward to this.
I hope Denis can extend the great form he had in paris and Davis Cup and atp cup--if he can he should take this.
I just looked at the ranking and saw Fucs is now #67--he must have slipped? Maybe not so tough for Denis.

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Fucsovics retired in last match and didn't look ok against Kecmanovic (lost 6-2 6-0) .
Doubt he is healthy at all.

·
Banned
10 Posts
I don't trust Shapovalov here at all. Has a tendency to blow himself off and Fucsovics is a good player. This should be close.
Absolutely agree.
I've been following him for the third year and I'm always amazed. How inconsistent and nutty a player. Just awful. Due to mental weakness can easily give up a practically won match. I would not bet on him.

·
Registered
16,429 Posts
Fucsovics alongside Tiafoe has had the unluckiest slam draws, but he's mostly competed well with top players.

2018 USO R1 4-setter against Djokovic, 2019 FO 1R 5-setter against Schwartzman, 2019 WB 2R 5-setter against Fognini, 2019 USO 1R 5-setter against Basilashvili.

Poor fella.

Shapo is or should be better than all those, but if Fucso is healthy (big if), I wouldn't blame Shapo for losing a set or at worst two here.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't want to jinx Shapovalov or anything, but I have the feeling this is the year he's gonna have his big breakthrough. Denis in 3.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Hopefully Denis, but this is indeed a tricky R1 and Fucsovics can definitely pull off the upset.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm a pretty big Fucsovics fan, but he's had disappointing results for quite some time now. I don't think he can beat a peak Shapovalov.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts