Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Cilic finished the first set pretty fast. Nothing too interesting.

Tomic was better than Cilic in the second set, even had 3 BPs but didn't convert. Then he choked the set in the last game.

In the third, it looked like a routine win for Cilic, but he got broken while serving for the match (yet again). Also, he got the second time violation being down 30-40 so he lost the first serve. Cilic was very good in the TB, he had couple of great points.

Tomic looked uninterested and unmotivated throughout the match, but he did chase a few balls late in the third set.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
10 ATP points and a new set of wheels for his Ferrari, good harvest for Tomic.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this your go-to comment when you didn't watch the match?
I actually watched some parts of it, mostly set 1 and set 2, but had to switch to Andy Murray, anyway I was expecting Marin Cilic to cruise here without playing his best, Bernard Tomic was an easy draw, even in Australia :)

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Crowd was ready to go vile when Tomic had the BPs in the 2nd set and Cilic got his 1st time violation. Thankfully, Cilic shut that down and sent him packing. It's like the crowd was confused. Why cheer for one Croat over the other?

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Bye brat.

I see Mugrin was a nervous wreck again and even being 2-0 up. Can't serve in time so gets a time violation.
This could cost him a match one day...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts