Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Stef not messing about. He's making the final here.
Not sure he has the consistency and stamina to beat Djokovic and Federer B2B in BO5 yet, he probably needs insane luck like Medvedev in USO last year to pull it off.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure he has the consistency and stamina to beat Djokovic and Federer B2B in BO5 yet, he probably needs insane luck like Medvedev in USO last year to pull it off.
This bit is so fixed and cliche response that I ve heard maybe thousand times at MTF. We don't know if they will make it, or if they get injured or downed by a journeyman. Let's wait and see but he seems like a man on mission.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
This bit is so fixed and cliche response that I ve heard maybe thousand times at MTF. We don't know if they will make it, or if they get injured or downed by a journeyman. Let's wait and see but he seems like a man on mission.
Well yeah, that’s why I mentioned Medvedev, if his path clears up then of course he’s got a good chance. But I’m just implying that if Djokovic and Federer clean up like usual, then his chance is quite slim.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well yeah, that’s why I mentioned Medvedev, if his path clears up than of course he’s got a good chance. But I’m just implying that if Djokovic and Federer clean up like usual, then his chance is quite slim.
they can have their Istomin or Seppi moments, and was an unnecessary dig at Medvedev, it's ok you don't rate him.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
they can have their Istomin or Seppi moments, and was an unnecessary dig at Medvedev, it's ok you don't rate him.
I actually do rate Medvedev pretty highly, it’s just an obvious example of insane luck when both of them happen to get injured and open the path... I can understand Djokovic’s slip now, how a random example can get viewed as a dig:ROFLMAO:

·
justice for all
15,289 Posts
He looked like a man on a mission tonight.
But that's just the beginning. When his time truly arrives he'll blow anyone out of the court.
Come on, The Greek Freak!!! Show what you are made of!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Stef looked extremely sharp, makes me quite optimistic for the rest of the tourney.
the match was even more lopsided than the scoreline sugests, Caruso facing BP in evey service game bar 2, while having none himself. it was a complete annihilation

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
They have made slams a cliche, so go with the brain washed response

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Wow, the Philosopher takes no prisoners here. Apostolos is next.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Inb4 Sissypass beats both Rogie and Novak before bending over to RAFA and becoming one of the most hated players.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Inb4 Sissypass beats both Rogie and Novak before bending over to RAFA and becoming one of the most hated players.
Oh man, Tsitsi would need good security then. One MTF legend from the antipodes would seek revenge on him for that :eek:

·
Registered
16,444 Posts
Choo-chooooo....

Chosen One coming through.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I don't like this guy at all. But the way he is able to consistently take the ball early on both wings is scary good. His backhand is lethal - it's super versatile and rarely makes an error. Like others said he seems to be a man on a mission, and may very much be the breakthrough year for him.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Late on this, but love seeing Stef take care of business easily in the beginning of this AO, unlike in some recent majors. Looking for a deep run here!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts