Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really, no thread for the number four seed? Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the match myself, but can anyone who did please enlighten us somewhat. The match statistic suggests Medvedev struggled on serve (low first-serve percentage and 12 double faults). Apart from that, is there anything of interest to report?

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I thought the first two sets and a half were pretty entertaining, lots of fun rallies with the unorthodox style of both players, and Tiafoe was playing some inspired tennis to make Medvedev work hard. However, Tiafoe’s level couldn’t hold up after 4-5 in the third, and then it was one-way traffic even with Medvedev spraying double faults all over the place.

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Really, no thread for the number four seed? Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the match myself, but can anyone who did please enlighten us somewhat. The match statistic suggests Medvedev struggled on serve (low first-serve percentage and 12 double faults). Apart from that, is there anything of interest to report?
welcome to the MTF cemetery...

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
it's crazy fast, except the colour (which you have an option to switch to dark mode) I don't see anything wrong.
I dont get fast argument, old one was fast enough for me, much better visuals, spacing, emojis, everything. I mean its not even close how much more user friendly old one was. Majority of people here prefer old one. I get that they needed to improve certain aspects, and old one was limited, less mobile friendly and so on. But just for simply posting and reading other post old one shits on this one that looks like redtube comment section... I think a lot of old posters went to other forums/reddit, i certainly see less traffic here nowadays.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Much closer first three sets than the scoreline suggests. Tiafoe started playing tennis from 4-1 in the first and gave Med so much trouble. Showed some patterns which stress Med. Wide serve when serving to the deuce side, short backhand return when returning from the ad side. In rallies he stood on the baseline=lots of half volleys, he hit lots of shorter slices, and in attack he went for the angles rather than deep hitting.

Even for all the DFs (most of which were missed 1st serves twice) Med's serve still saved him. After losing the third set with 2 stupid UEs, Tiafoe went back to pre 4-1 state and mugged around.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I dont get fast argument, old one was fast enough for me, much better visuals, spacing, emojis, everything. I mean its not even close how much more user friendly old one was. Majority of people here prefer old one. I get that they needed to improve certain aspects, and old one was limited, less mobile friendly and so on. But just for simply posting and reading other post old one shits on this one that looks like redtube comment section... I think a lot of old posters went to other forums/reddit, i certainly see less traffic here nowadays.
i completely agree! in contrast to the old one, this forum has no charme and usability :(

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
good interview from Daniil, interesting observations regarding the conditions. i couldn't see the second part of the match unfortunately but seems like he got a little more active instead of just reactive, and it worked out.

expecting a much better performance next round!

·
Registered
904 Posts
lol,Medvedev with some insane play at the net esp

·
justice for all
12,506 Posts
The Mad Lad wasn't very impressive today, he was struggling on serve too much - dunno if it's the surface or just a bad serving day.

OTOH he looked even worse in the early stages of USO and reached the final.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I like it to be honest, colour is fine & feels more modern now in terms of features, but I use mostly phone for this site so I've not seen the PC version.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Honestly I think Medvedev could have lost today if not for a very unconsistent Tiafoe. It was a very tough draw for a first opponent but thanks to a bit of luck, Tiafoe's mistakes and some resilience, Medvedev has passed the first test. Expecting the next rounds to be easier even though the match against Rublev could be challenging.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I think reddit took most of the traffic. The fact that there isn't an easy to use app for this forum is really hurting it. Logging in from web browser on a phone gets tedious.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts