Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lajovic looked good at the ATP Cup and has made a strong start to this tournament by the looks of it. Fully expecting him to make it to the fourth round against his compatriot Djokovic.

As for Edmund, the struggle continues. He's had an awful time in the last 12 months. I'm not a fan of his but he's better than what he's showing.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Edmund over achieved by so much. Horrible player

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's got a loser mentality, one of the strongest loser mentalities on tour. I find it painful to watch him these days.
Probably what can happen when you've had it made in life. Can always go back to his Barbados tax haven.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Lajovic with clutchness is a force to be reckoned with, his choking has really hold him back in the past.

·
Registered
16,310 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
He's a tremendous player with weak mentality
Not so sure mate. From a coaching point of view his stamces arent great going up the court and grip is unastainable for low or short balls. Of course hits bulletss when in the zone though

Plus tennis is 70% mentality

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Not so sure mate. From a coaching point of view his stamces arent great going up the court and grip is unastainable for low or short balls. Of course hits bulletss when in the zone though

Plus tennis is 70% mentality
Yeah but, wouldn't say it's over-achieving. He's under-achieving now.

Never really noticed too much of an issue on low shorter balls tbh.

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Speaking of the mentality, Lajovic has had an incredible transformation from the Challenger tour's most infamous and hilarious choker (didn't he once lose a set from 5-0 40-0?) to a pretty mentally solid ATP top 30 player.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Speaking of the mentality, Lajovic has had an incredible transformation from the Challenger tour's most infamous and hilarious choker (didn't he once lose a set from 5-0 40-0?) to a pretty mentally solid ATP top 30 player.
He has the game. His choking tendencies is what always held him back. So I wish you were right. But I don't trust him to completely turn things around. Most of the time it feels like Palpatinovic sucked all mental strength out of his fellow Serbian teammates to use it on himself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts