Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chung managed to save at least some of last year's SF points, but it wasn't easy. Hopefully this match will give him some renewed confidence, he was lots of fun to watch here last year. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought he couldn't manage to secure a win but he did. His serve improved a bit but there still is a problem in stroking.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Nice comeback from Chung but Klahn took several MTOs from the middle of the 3rd, he clearly had lower back issues. Good fight from both nonetheless, and I guess the 6 korean fangirls that were sat behind Chung's seat were really happy xD

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I thought Chung started nervously. was serving fine but couldn't any decent returns in and it was frustrating him. Tried to be aggressive with some net approaches but failed badly. In fact there were no breaks of serve in the first two sets.

From the third set, Chung was more aggressive and was now doing well with his net approaches. His backhand down the line was looking good and was starting to return much better.
Forehand is still looking very unreliable. I remember when he hit one nice forehand winner and i realised it was a long time since i had seen that.

I think the positive is that he served decently and only dropped serve once. And a comeback win like this could be very good for him mentally.

Herbert next, certainly winnable but not feeling overly confident. Maybe his crazy fans will get him through!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Glad Chung eventually managed to see this one through :)2 The crowd support may have had a part in lifting him to the win... Anyway, hope he regains some form and confidence at the AO, even if he doesn't defend his SF points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts