Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abyssimal BP conversion by Novak against 230th ranked player, which has been a lingering issue for some time. Scoreline suggests cakewalk, but this concerns me as his supporter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Abyssimal BP conversion by Novak against 230th ranked player, which has been a lingering issue for some time. Scoreline suggests cakewalk, but this concerns me as his supporter.

BP conversion gets worse when you’re older. Just ask Fedal :p

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
Djokovic again mediocre at the net, and very tentative at some of his break chances. Same old, same old.
However his baseline game was a high enough level (much better than Doha), so he should take it from there and even improve on it.

Krueger had some immense fighting spirit when he saved all those BPs at the 2-1* game in 3rd set, but succumbed later to more pressure and Djokovic's passing shots...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We really need Boss to start Novak threads

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
good match to watch

I enjoyed it.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
2019 record
Matches: 4-1
Sets: 10-4
Breadsticks: 2-0
Bagels: 0-0
Tiebreaks: 0-1

Current matches won streak: 1
Current sets won streak: 3
Very childish post/s .Should stop
If your'e mocking other poster , get over it .He is banned for life and you know it.

Didn't watch, saw just few Novak pictures .
This time Lacoste :hearts:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I couldn't see the match unfortunately, but it looks like it was relatively easy for Djokovic.

Tsonga should hopefully be a significant step up in quality.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know Mitch from Futures days nearly a decade ago. He has not lost his competitive attitude he always had. Good to see he’s polished his game to match his spirit but this was NID.

I hope he keeps climbing and can start getting MD direct entry if he bumps the ranking up this season. Back to Challengers for now though. The expanded 64-draw with 16 seeded byes in 1R will get him one of those byes in many Challenger draws (now #207).

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Routine victory for Novak without wasting too much energy. Hopefully I'll watch his next match. Tsonga in R2? Looks weird and dangerous.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Didn’t watch the match but looks like Novak played more offensively than in Doha. 46/26 w/ue in 3 Short sets is more than I’d have expected.

·
justice for all
13,109 Posts
Djokovic won easily with his usual pushing. Well done to him. But that won't cut it vs an attacking player on fire. His winning days are counted.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
His winning days are counted.
You've been repeating this for a long time and you know what? it's true. His winning days form a countable set. I will make an even bolder statement - this set is finite!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Saw the first set and a half & thought he played as solid as you'd expect for a first rounder until i realized opponent was ranked around 230. Probably experimenting a bit & conserving energy before the serious competition emerges so anticipating him probably going into a more lockdown mode vs Tsonga.

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
Very childish post/s .Should stop
If your'e mocking other poster , get over it .He is banned for life and you know it.

Didn't watch, saw just few Novak pictures .
This time Lacoste :hearts:
Pathetic.

But, at least you're showing your true colors.
Posting stats is mocking or pathetic now? Only on MTF...

Negativity prejudged too.. What if it's a tribute?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts