Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Inspiring indeed. Didn't see it coming at all.

Benchetrit seems to be the one who gave Dzumhur some fits at the USO R1 last season (and then proceeded to lose the match rather quickly in the end), but since getting fits for every tiny thing is just part of Dzumhur's on-court routine anyway, there isn't much to take from that, I guess. So, yeah, this is surprising.

That WTA-esque scoreline suggests he was mentally strong enough to throw the kitchen sink across the net in the third. I wish I could see the match.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hard to believe this. It seems that players which can kill the tempo by slicing are problematic to both Ruusuvuori and Sinner.

·
Registered
14,389 Posts
A bit surprised, based on the hype around the Finn who is at the at the cusp of breaking into Top 100.
Better luck next year, Emil!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Inspiring indeed. Didn't see it coming at all.

Benchetrit seems to be the one who gave Dzumhur some fits at the USO R1 last season (and then proceeded to lose the match rather quickly in the end), but since getting fits for every tiny thing is just part of Dzumhur's on-court routine anyway, there isn't much to take from that, I guess. So, yeah, this is surprising.

That WTA-esque scoreline suggests he was mentally strong enough to throw the kitchen sink across the net in the third. I wish I could see the match.
That kind of scoreline is highly indicative of a second set tank. Probably not that severe, just a case of not trying as hard as he could once he was down 3-0 or 4-0. If that was the case I don't blame him.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That kind of scoreline is highly indicative of a second set tank. Probably not that severe, just a case of not trying as hard as he could once he was down 3-0 or 4-0. If that was the case I don't blame him.
That's certainly possible, but then it requires a certain amount of mental toughness to reset yourself mentally that way. "Tanking" is not actually that easy, as many players tend to turn it off and then fail to restart the fire on their cylinders, simply fading away into the sunset in the end.

·
Registered
26,042 Posts
When I saw the scoreline I knew Ruusuvuori must have lost, since the other clown is known for his tanking. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Good win for Benchetrit. He actually qualified for FO and USO and has plenty of decent wins during his career. Still a big disappointment for sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts