Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great win from Alex today, and hopefully the start of a better season for him. Looks like working with Gilbert has payed off already, as he usually does terribly in Australia, but looking at the stats he was on form today, dropping just 4 points on serve

Of course, it's just as likely that Ginepri played some incredibly brainless tennis and would have lost to anyone.

Well done Boggo though and hopefully he can keep this form up and get through another round (and with Baker winning as well today, it's been a good start to the season for British tennis)

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Ginepri has retired from 2 of the last 3 matches he played before this one so that might surely be a factor

·
Registered
570 Posts
Grats to Both Alex and jamie today but Ginepri is a shadow of his former self. Most people would of assumed he would of been in the main draw by right but finds himself having to qualify. And he's out already to an Englishman.

No offence to Alex who I hope does well but that says it all to me.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Robby :sad:

·
29,637 Posts
Wow, Boggo won a GS Q match. Maybe that hard work with Brad is paying off.

He'll go and lose to Stadler now, watch.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow, Boggo won a GS Q match. Maybe that hard work with Brad is paying off.

He'll go and lose to Stadler now, watch.
I understand that, officially, Gilbert doesn't start working with Boggo until after the Davis Cup tie in February and I think Gilbert was at home in California over Christmas so I'm not sure how much they have had to do with each other over the past few weeks.
I'm not a great supporter of Bogdanovic and his suspect attitude but hopefully I'll be proved wrong...

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Given that Ginepri is current struggling with injury, he was ripe for the picking. Nice to see Alex take advantage of that, but it is hard to read anything into the win.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
I'm surprised, Bogg has actually won a match! :lol: Sorry he's not that bad i guess, just not so keen on him since the whole declining of the Davis Cup thing but ah well, good luck for him into getting into the main draw though, we need all the brits we can!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts