Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Makes the USO 09 final collapse even more inexplicable.

Federer nearly choked the match in the same fashion serving for the 2nd set though.

Almost gifted the 1st set too after getting broken back. These mental lapses aren't any good for next match.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Re: AO QF: Federer disposes of Del Potro 6-4 6-3 6-2

Played actually quite decent aside from those lapses of concentration.

As I thought, the surface might be too difficult for Del Potro. Unlike the US Open, it was too hard for Juan Martin to really hit through the court. Federer on the other hand was playing really solidly from the baseline, and came out guns blazing playing some superb shots (especially that backhand flick pass down the line :D )

Only complaint is again the first serve percentage, however, Federer was winning a great percentage of points on both his first and second.

Here are the stats, someone asked.

Honestly, if Federer can pull a performance just a little better than this, with smaller lapses of concentration and increase that first serve percentage, I think he can at the very least make the final if not take the title. We will see though.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

No surprise here. Just proved that Tomic is already in top 10 level with his age. Fed will win AO the way he's playing.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts

I saw Delpo's last match and I was so nervous but Roger put on a clinic today!:worship::worship:

·
Registered
14,898 Posts

Great performance by Roger!
He was a bit "shaky" from 4-2 to 4-4 in the first set and at 5-3 in the second, but he still made it.

Could anyone post the stats, please?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Del Potro had so many chances in the first two sets but bottled all the time. I can't see this Federer beating Nadal in the SF.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Very impressive

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Very good from Federer, except from a few bad games. High level tennis.

There was nothing wrong the level of DelPo, he is getting better and better. He will be a danger to everyone at RG

·
Registered
3,236 Posts

No surprise here. Just proved that Tomic is already in top 10 level with his age. Fed will win AO the way he's playing.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
not bad from Delpo, not at all . Just Fed has those days in the month . Bad luck Delpo :hug: , Fed :hatoff:

·
Registered
371 Posts
God Mode: ON

How can you possibly drop shot a serve? I saw a vintage Federer in this match. Another Federer Masterclass. I am impressed.

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
scoreline has this ominous countdown to it, wonder what the SF will bring..

1 - 20 of 182 Posts