Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Botnic movement not up to peak standards indeed, so many quick errors. Robotic serving got him one tiebreak, which was failed just as easily. Djokovic is free-flowing, title incoming.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I almost felt asleep, which confirmed my theory that Raonic is the most boring player ever. Djokovic didn't even have to play @ 50%.

Should defeat Federer, but I wouldn't be 100% sure, grandpa has his tricks like in WTF 2019

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Well now we know Sleeve has been working on his 40km/h moonball slice in the off season.

·
The special one
14,780 Posts
Should've been a more lopsided win really, 2/16 on BPs.

Overall I thought Novak was solid although I felt he played better in his last 2 matches, that said I never once felt he was on danger of losing this match and he's still overwhelm g fave for the title.

Bring on Djokerer, should be a good one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Djokovic could be drunk, high, suffering from insomnia, a stomach virus and jetlag, injured, overweight, balding and depressed, and Raobot would still find a way to lose to him in straight sets. Just baffling.
Now Federer is left to face the evils of this world on his own, and not at full capacity to even do it. Shameful.
But of course, the slob had to eliminate Tsitsipas. Just had to happen. AO has been sickening so far, and it's only getting worse.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I almost felt asleep, which confirmed my theory that Raonic is the most boring player ever. Djokovic didn't even have to play @ 50%.

Should defeat Federer, but I wouldn't be 100% sure, grandpa has his tricks like in WTF 2019
Let's be honest, unless some travesty happens and Federer miraculously recuperates and peaks, it will be a total beatdowns as not even the serve is up for the task.
Congrats to Djoker, he seems on autopilot shifting gears only in tight moments.
And i am confident he has another 4 gears in him in case things get tricky.
I think he is a lock now for the title.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Epic ruins from the Fedal crowd in the livescore. From cautious optimism for rejuvenated Milos to just abusing him in the live thread for not being Nadal-like from the baseline.
Milos gave it all, very clutch on break points, saved what...like 14 out of 16, or even more?
Novak looking very good.
Gave it all? hahahahah. Only serve. Cant swing BH to save his life. Every FH shot from midcourt he netted or went out. Some here are very delusional and only see what they want to see

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Can someone explain to us why Raonic relies so much on his serve when he can play some good ground game as well, not as good to fight toe to toe with Novak whole match in there but still not that bad either. He is no Isner or Karlovic in that department.

Instead of trying to be Millman or K.Anderson he puts too much pressure on himself for serves when it doesn't click vs best returnes he just goes MIA.

·
23,933 Posts
Sometimes having won matches without Sets lost is nothing until you have faced someone that can crumble your game. Djokovic meanwhile was pretty confident he could do what he has done vs Raonic, breaking Raonic for the 1st 2 Sets. Made Raonic doubt himself more than usual and the serving wasn't in it's best form although Raonic was pretty clutch in the BPs. The 3rd Set TB was too one sided though and Djokovic is happy to leave the court after his wardrobe malfunction, I guess.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Raonic missed about a million mid court forehands and couldn’t get a return in play on the few bp he had. He was slightly better in the third also because Novak’s level dipped but after he started the tiebreak with another easy second shot forehand error it was basically over...

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Clinical from Djoker. Just too good. Milos was okay. He was nervous and made easy mistakes during the first 2 sets. He got better in the third set, but the damage was done.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Let's be honest, unless some travesty happens and Federer miraculously recuperates and peaks, it will be a total beatdowns as not even the serve is up for the task.
Congrats to Djoker, he seems on autopilot shifting gears only in tight moments.
And i am confident he has another 4 gears in him in case things get tricky.
I think he is a lock now for the title.
Not a lock if he faces Dominic Thiem or Stan Wawrinka.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts