Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jasika d Smith 6-7 6-3 12-10.

Jasika had 3 MPs in a row on Smith's serve at 5-4* but couldn't do it.

Then Smith broke twice and served for the match twice, but didn't even set up a MP.

·
MONSOON season.
82,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have to say that this was a low-quality match. All Smith did was push, which was a poor strategy that he didn't change. Jasika got really tight on a few occasions even though he was by far the better player. Smith just pushed and waited for UEs when he was serving for the match, which is a) not his strength and b) doesn't work when you yourself start making UEs.

Not a fan of this Jasika at all. Way too big a chip on his shoulder.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
JP is like a permanent choker i dont know how he hasnt necked himself, its only 2 weeks in January and he has already choked in like 2 matches this year lol.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
My favourite shot of the match was probably when JP was serving for the match at deuce, standing at the net with a free court to hit into and he somehow went miles wide and gave up a BP instead.

He was a break up 3 times in that final set, twice serving for the match, yet not once did he look like he was actually gonna win. Incredible. Not a big fan of Jasika, I don't think he played well at all, but he thoroughly deserved the win and I'm glad he got it in the end.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
wow jasika :bowdown: fucking amazing, please qualify!!!

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
:sad: Smitty...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I watched Smith against Zverev and even though he won he really has little to no weapons and was just pushing.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Jasika doesn't have the skill of the Kokkinakis or Kyrgios but he has a lot of fighting qualities in him which could see him hit top 100 one day.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts