Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
AO R1: Serra def. Darcis 6-7(3) 3-6 5-4 ret.

Darcis led *4-1 in the third, and then obviously his injury came back, he lost 4 games in a row and was forced to retire.
Honestly, I expected Serra to win this match easily due to Darcis' injury, but this is just sad for Steve that the injury came back 2 games before the eventual win.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Re: AO R1: Serra def. Darcis 6-7(3) 3-6 5-4 ret.

Wow I really feel for the guy. That is something no one wants to experience. I was actually just thinking about the last time a player has retried after being so close to winning, let alone 2 sets to none up.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

can someone please bite my dick off??? this must be a joke from darcis...

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts

Wow I really feel for the guy. That is something no one wants to experience. I was actually just thinking about the last time a player has retried after being so close to winning, let alone 2 sets to none up.
Verdasco-Mathieu AO 2007 or 2008, Mathieu was leading 2 sets to 0, and 3-1 in the tiebreak of the 3rd set before twisting his ankle.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
How unfortunate...both for Darcis and for tennis. Serra advancing past the first round of any tournament is not a good thing.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
This sounds shit :sad:. Hope he recovers from this, the poor bugger.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Well actually it wasn't his shoulder this time. Leading 4-1 in the third set, Steve recieved heavy cramps. He needed to be threated on the court and he recieved a 2 game penalty for this ????

He had a lot of pain and couldn't run anymore. He was very disappointed. He had no explanation, he said he drunk enough, eat enough, was not that tired, and still he had cramps everywhere in his body.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Well actually it wasn't his shoulder this time. Leading 4-1 in the third set, Steve recieved heavy cramps. He needed to be threated on the court and he recieved a 2 game penalty for this ????

He had a lot of pain and couldn't run anymore. He was very disappointed. He had no explanation, he said he drunk enough, eat enough, was not that tired, and still he had cramps everywhere in his body.
:eek:
I saw there was a big pause at 4-1 but I thought the scoreboard got stuck, and I wasn't surprised to see that soon it was 4-3. 2 game penalty for receiving a medical treatment? :scratch:
Cramps after 2 hours? I figured it was his shoulder injury again, but this is just weird.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I saw there was a big pause at 4-1 but I thought the scoreboard got stuck, and I wasn't surprised to see that soon it was 4-3. 2 game penalty for receiving a medical treatment? :scratch:
Cramps after 2 hours? I figured it was his shoulder injury again, but this is just weird.
He couldn't understand it neither. He also said he was in good form, he felt fit. He was very disappointed.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Don't the rules state that 'cramping' isn't regarded as an injury or something the like?
Anyhow, this sounds like a very harsh measure indeed in this particular case. There must have been something rather more serious wrong with Darcis. Shucks big time for the guy, hope he gets well soon!

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
My God Serra is so bad ... I think Darcis was injured from the beggining but in the 3rd set he started to feel even worse and still he owned Serra
What a lucky player this Serra
Darcis :hug: recover quick

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
yeah I remember seeing this is on the livefeed last night in the US and being totally confused. how often does someone who is up 2 sets and nearly tied in the 3rd set up and retire? it is awfully unusual and feel horrible for Darcis but I suppose you can't help it when these things happen

1 - 20 of 24 Posts