Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clement/Llodra wasted a few BPs, but Erlich/Ram played better overall. What a post-match celebration. :lol:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Oh, Brilliant, Brilliant.

This victory would have been sweeter had I known I have Roger to look forward to tomorrow, sigh, but this is fantastic!

They haven't dropped a set throughout the tournament, and from what I've heard it never happened in the doubles. Can anyone confirm that?

Yoni Erlich wrecked his back for the Davis, that's for sure. Carrying Andy Ram (not a light man) all over the place.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A brilliant match, and one of the best days for Israeli sports ever. They held firm on many critical occasions - the untimely rain delay (didn't we have that once on the verge of a huge win at the AO?), 0-40 on serve, being broken serving for the 1st set, another BP in the 2nd, and that rare mistake that put the French pair ahead 3-1 up in the TB.
Each duo had one inconsistent server, but Clement was getting erratic in the end not only in that area. Andy's serving was immaculate today, and Yoni was great other than his on-and-off serving.

Unlike arithmetics, in sports - Grand Slam titles, olympics medals, world titles, you name it - the difference between 0 and 1 is greater than the difference between 1 and 10. You either did it or you didn't. They just did. :worship:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
:banana:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Erlich/Ram never cease to surprise me. I've seen them at Nottingham for the last 3 years, and they always strike me as a half-decent (but not world-beating) pair, but capable of losing to (absolutely) anyone on a given day - e.g. Goodall/Hutchins. :retard:

Hopefully they can conquer their nerves in the upcoming Davis Cup tie. Even more will be expected of them this time around, and, in the past, they have said that they struggle to cope with such pressure.

Anyway, congrats on their AO doubles title! :bigclap:

Arnie/Mika :sad:

·
Registered
942 Posts
I just realized that both of them and Tsonga were in the ATP video going to the beach together during the Medibank International... what happened over there! :D

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
:yeah:! Great congrats! Bet someone was nervous playing a point at *6-4 second set :lol:

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Fantastic for them :banana:
Congrats to them, their families, their fans and their country! Some good news in the media for this week;)

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Are they qualified for Shangai already ?
I believe they automatically qualify now with a grand slam win :woohoo:
And thanks for posting the winning celebration video :yeah:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts