Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've read so many contrasting reports, i would love someone to confirm 100% the speed of the new surace.

Concensus suggests its playing a little slower than years past, with a more consistent bounce?

Help
:confused:

·
Registered
535 Posts
From watching a bunch of matches the last couple days I would say it's a slow to medium paced hard court. But unlike many of those, the ball seems to stay quite low.

·
Registered
215 Posts
To me it's a medium pace spin (slice) friendly surface. The thing is also how it reacts to temperature changes, as I think that was a real problem with rebound ace. Also they changed the balls so it's difficult to really know how it plays..

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
It's slower than the USO and quicker than RG, just like it's supposed to be. Big hitters can hit big on it and counterpunchers have enough time to get to the balls

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
slower than USO but faster than Rebound Ace ;)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Is it at all possible that the court has sped up a little bit as the tournament progressed?

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
I believe the Rod Laver Arena where most of the later matches are played was faster than the other courts from the start, especially with the roof closed, and may have got faster. Some of the other courts such as MCA seemed to be playing slow.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Okies, thanks for the info. I kind of thought RLA seemed a tiny bit 'faster' somehow, but it may just be the matches that I've watched on that court as opposed to the other courts. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts