Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, Fooch melted down big time after just a few Magicianerer points. First time I hear Fed grunt on almost every shot for nearly the entire match, tells you all about his fatigue level. Hasn't played great despite the scoreline, should still pass Sandgren but Djobot should be licking his chops at the prospect of delivering a beatdown.

·
Registered
17,805 Posts
Tennys will probably take a set

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Federer played bad for his standards. Especially the serve sucked .
Otoh i like his bh, by far his best shot in this tournament.
A 2 hour win, well just what the doctor ordered.
101 wins at Ao, just unbelievable. Kudos and well done champ.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Marton Fucsovics, after winning the first set, was toothless, lifeless and weaponless. It beggars belief as to how somebody who is apparently playing his tennis hero, can win the first set and then walk around like a zombie imitation for a an hour and a half.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Fed was better than against Millman. Fucs folded after the 2nd set.

And for Djokovic it's not going to matter which of Fed/Sandgren/Fucs/Fog he meets. Now it's between Fed and Sandgren before the SF.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Good win, had to work hard again.

Not sure how he's going to compete with Djokovic on these slow low-bouncing courts. I’ll be happy with the semis.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Comical. Typical mental midget performance by Fucso. Will Federer actually face Djokovic in the SF? Despite his mediocre performances, Federer might conjure something up for that match, but I doubt he can do anything vs Djoko anyway on this court.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I told you that you are all underestimating federer‘s fitness. It wasn’t a good match on a whole, but it was great how he slugged it out basically without a serve.

It really just baffles me how much expectations we still have (me included). I mean the scoreboard says 1,2,2 and all we‘re doing is talking about how bad he is. Only fedtards ;)

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Fucsovics played a great first set barely missing anything and then came to the realization that he was playing on Rod Laver against Federer and started missing the most basic shots.

That's 57 slam QFs for Federer, 15 at this tournament. Not too shabby indeed.
It’s not even that many if you think about it. Djokovic has 46 already which means he just has to reach the QF every slams for the next 3 years to surpass him which shouldn’t be too hard for him to do.

·
Registered
768 Posts
"...for sure it got really difficult for me in set 1, I wasn't finding my range and Marton was doing a nice job of staying calm. So anyway, I would like to thank you for your support and to the fans for coming out tonight."

"You're welcome Roger but I have no idea what you're talking about, I turned that shitshow off long ago ago. Good luck against Sandgren."

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
It’s not even that many if you think about it. Djokovic has 46 already which means he just has to reach the QF every slams for the next 3 years to surpass him which shouldn’t be too hard for him to do.
Well,it's not easy because it's not a fixed number.Federer can add a few more.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Fed was better than against Millman. Fucs folded after the 2nd set.

And for Djokovic it's not going to matter which of Fed/Sandgren/Fucs/Fog he meets. Now it's between Fed and Sandgren before the SF.
Yeah it didnt matter when he played Fed at the WTF. Sure it matters. Maybe he doesnt get his rhythm, his serve sucks like at Wimbledon. Anything can happen.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts