Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd year in a row 4th round appearance in Melbourne :wavey: he has a decent shot against Berdych

Surface really suits Nico well here.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Some entertaining points in this match. I think Berdych stops him in the QF, but good way for Almagro to defend his points from last year.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Wawa should have retired after 2 sets :eek:

Clearly struggling out there.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Both are disgusting clowns , but tennis dies more when Mugro wins and goes to R16 in a HC Slam.
Despite his attitude and whatever mental muggary he has had over the years, Almagro is still a fantastic player to watch especially his backhand :worship:

Some entertaining points in this match. I think Berdych stops him in the QF, but good way for Almagro to defend his points from last year.
You mean 4th round, as in this next round. Either way, both players have a good chance to beat each other. I think their match will go to 5.

Don't know how to describe this match. Just kind of weird and crazy put together.
I think the match was pretty normal involving both Wawrinka and Almagro.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Despite his attitude and whatever mental muggary he has had over the years, Almagro is still a fantastic player to watch especially his break :worship:

You mean 4th round, as in this next round. Either way, both players have a good chance to beat each other. I think their match will go to 5.

I think the match was pretty normal involving both Wawrinka and Almagro.

Yep, R16 my bad. I just think Berdych is in much better form this week, plus the only time they played on HC he crushed him.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yep, R16 my bad. I just think Berdych is in much better form this week, plus the only time they played on HC he crushed him.
But that was in Cincinnati, certainly 10000 x faster than the surface here in Australia. The speed and bounce is more suited for Almagro here than Berdych IMO.

is 5% a decent shot for u?
Lol? As if Berdych has shown us extraordinary skills throughout? He has had several hiccups and Almagro hasn't played that badly throughout the week. I understand the hate for Almagro as he can be a mug at some points, but come on, he is one of the biggest hitters off both wings on the tour so anything is possible with him, he just needs to be mentally in check.

Does anyone here like Almagro?
I do. I like his game quite a bit. Yes, he can be mentally a mug but not everyone can be the strongest mentally.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
what's bad about Mucho? Entertaining guy, sometimes frustrates opponent, but all in all interesting to watch

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
good job mugro

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Very happy for him. But now, come on seriously, BREAK THROUGH!!!

Pull an upset for once. Take out a top 8 opponent in Berdych. You can do it!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
It's not my favourite player, but I definetely respect him. He's a hard worker player, not so talented as other players, but his ranked very high due to his competitiveness. I wanted him to win this match. Also to shut up this stupid blind hate for Nico.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts