1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Tennis is the winner.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Tennys also up to #73 in the live rankings now.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Sandgren on yet another fluke run. Gotta say it’s pretty entertaining. Sandgren literally doesn’t do shit the whole season yet randomly has a fluke run to the quarters of a major beating solid opponents. Hilarious and strange ?.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
Sandgren on yet another fluke run. Gotta say it’s pretty entertaining. Sandgren literally doesn’t do shit the whole season yet randomly has a fluke run to the quarters of a major beating solid opponents. Hilarious and strange ?.
how is it a fluke if he beats solid players?

oxford dictionary/
fluke:

Achieve (something) by luck rather than skill. especially through a surprising piece of luck.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
A fluke would be playing a WC ranked #250 in the first round, followed by a walkover from a seeded player, followed by a retirement from Sam Querrey who was leading 2 sets to love. Some people on this forum have a weird definition of fluke.

·
Banned
11,000 Posts
From being outplayed by Marcus Willis, a talented but overweight guy eating Snickers and drinking RC Cola during changeovers, to actually becoming a solid player. And a major part of this turn around in his career is represented by his intelligence on and off the court. He gets a lot of shit for his political views, but I think he deserves more appreciation.
With all that being said, I hope he loses in the next round.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
how is it a fluke if he beats solid players?

oxford dictionary/
fluke:

Achieve (something) by luck rather than skill. especially through a surprising piece of luck.
What I mean by fluke is that he has a run like this once in a year and the rest of the year he plays at a challenger or low atp level.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
What I mean by fluke is that he has a run like this once in a year and the rest of the year he plays at a challenger or low atp level.
thats not what a fluke is

anyway, didnt see, but peak mugrey?

0/9 BP's 2nd set, barely fought off a single BP he faced, had trouble having a single simple service game.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
thats not what a fluke is

anyway, didnt see, but peak mugrey?

0/9 BP's 2nd set, barely fought off a single BP he faced, had trouble having a single simple service game.
Querrey always fucks it up when he has a chance to do something. Sandgren makes a run like this but doesn’t do anything the rest of the year so that’s pretty much what a fluke is as far as I know or perhaps there’s more than 1 example of what a fluke is.

·
Registered
573 Posts
One of my favorite players on tour. This'll put him back in most main draws for a little while. Sandgren :cool:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Sandgren for whatever reason seems to play well at the AO, but his level of play at the AO doesn't hold up for him. He will be 29 this year and has 1 ATP Title. That was at Auckland in 2019. Next this year I think he will be lost in "The Fog" ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts