Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 72 Posts

·
24,439 Posts
I know Raonic is always a big threat, but wow, not even one Set, although kudos for Raonic to being solid and ready here.

P.S. Koenig just said Raonic is an old guard even though it's kind of hard to picture them as such seeing he hasn't won a big title yet.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,927 Posts
disappointing for Stefanos. Milos does like AO here but routed in straights and no BPs generated? Ouch.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
jajajjajajajaj
3-0 against RAOBOT:ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
No BP faced all match. Stunning really. Raonic should be able to defend his QF points IMO with this form. Stef didn't have much of a chance today. Another NextGen gone. They're all gone from the top half now. Zverev/Med/Rublev remain on the other side.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was hoping for a RBA-Pas 4R match and it's Cilic-Raonic instead. Oh, well. Pas BH was even worse than Raonic's today, and it`s not only losing, but not even winning a set that makes it look so bad. As much as I dislike him, for a brief nanosecond I really thought Pas was a serious threat to the big 3 this AO. Guess I was wrong and he is still closer to the Dimitrov/Zverev league.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
tough luck for the Greek Freak, absolutely brilliant performance by Raonic, not only on serve..
Stefanos ROS and Bh got badly exposed tonight

Reactions: Denis denis

·
22,297 Posts
I love GOATn1c and with his all court game it’s not surprise he owned a lesser talent in Tsitsipas. Unfortunately he’ll flop big time vs Djokovic, so this wasn’t a good result, unfortunately

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
milos played well. tsitsipas, as usual against big servers was useless. his return is mediocre at best

marin , if he has anything let should end this though. he has a far better return and can deal with players like raonic much better than tsitsipas can. though the issue with marin will be how much 2 consecutive 5 setters have taken out of him

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Super easy match for Botnic. Matches like these make you appreciate Fred's returning and half-volleying skills. Unlike Fred, Tsitsipas has no effective blocking/slice return on his backhand side. In rallies, Raonic just had to use his forehand to Greek's backhand to get a short top spin ball. His forehand dominated the match, loved the forehand return on the deuce side.

Tsitsipas needs to learn how to deal with servebots. Mick was clowning and still looked super comfortable in Washington and ATP cup and now this.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow, just created a thread about this match but see someone else beat me to it. Will repeat my comments here:

Really disappointing match for Tsitsipas. Raonic just served too well. I don't think Raonic faced any break points the entire match. The match was quite boring, really, just watching Raonic serve and hit hard. He did well at the net, whereas Tsitsipas didn't really get many opportunities to go to net. It seemed like Tsi was just scrambling to hold serve the entire match. He needs to continue working on his return of serve, although in this case I don't think anyone could do that much better. Just awful. Now Djokovic will cruise through the QF. Hopefully at least Cilic will beat Raonic in the next round.

1 - 21 of 72 Posts