Mens Tennis Forums banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I think many guys rub the ball against themselves like Millman was doing and if that had such an impact on the ball then wouldn't keeping the ball in a pocket or under a skirt also impact the ball. The only issue I had with Millman was Hewitt's courtside coaching but it doesn't take away from a big effort to take Federer to the brink.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
People who enjoy see players lose are known to be the most unbiased judges, so we definitely should take your word for it. ;)

I am not a hater and I feel sorry for him too. 🤷 I think everyone who doesn't is just a blind tard.
But this choking theme is truly tiresome. Fed "choked" giving away both minibreaks. He also "chocked" getting broken for the first set, cuz why not. He "choked" numerous 30-0 leads on return and a good bunch of break points. The length to which haters go to diminish every win of a player they dislike is hilarious. And when he loses, they are torn between "what a pathetic choker" and "just isn't good enough and got OWNED by a better player". Such is sad life of a tard. You can't beat those narratives. You can only laugh at them.
you missed the classic. that he loses because he does not want to play rafa or novak so deliberately tanked. my personal favorite from the haters

·
Registered
770 Posts
You've just gotta laugh at the sight of a 38 and a half year old running down every ball deep into a fifth set and eventually outlasting a man almost a decade his junior.

I'm now convinced that the authorities aren't turning a blind eye to this, they're actually behind it. Pumping their prized cash cow full of God knows what to keep him competitive, in the sham that is the fraudulent three's epic never-ending battle for Grand Slam supremacy!™

The worst thing is this isn't ending anytime soon, there will be no retirement in the near future. Old Rog will be getting wheeled out a decade from now to lap up the fawning from his delusional, cultist following worldwide and keep the big bucks rolling in.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
At certain points of this match, in particular the first break to Millman in the fifth set and Fed being down 4-8 in the breaker I had "near-death experience" including having flashbacks of Roger serving at 40-15 at Wimbledon final and last year's loss to Tsitsipas at the AO. In my mind I was already thinking how this loss would impact everything else. Some may know I was at this match so I could tell you the crowd was 80% for the Aussie and Federer supporters counted for a minority, which I have never experienced in any match. I felt like have died and been resurrected for multiple times, just to be disappointed or to get hopeful, again and again. My heart condition was under various tests tonight.

I'm speechless at what Fed is still able to do at his age. Surely he isn't as skilled and as fit as he was, but he's still as spirited as he always has been, maybe even more so (let's all forget 40-15 here). Because when he was in his prime, he could do everything so effortlessly.
You've just gotta laugh at the sight of a 38 and a half year old running down every ball deep into a fifth set and eventually outlasting a man almost a decade his junior.

I'm now convinced that the authorities aren't turning a blind eye to this, they're actually behind it. Pumping their prized cash cow full of God knows what to keep him competitive, in the sham that is the fraudulent three's epic never-ending battle for Grand Slam supremacy!™

The worst thing is this isn't ending anytime soon, there will be no retirement in the near future. Old Rog will be getting wheeled out a decade from now to lap up the fawning from his delusional, cultist following worldwide and keep the big bucks rolling in.
As long as even Dull and dr Fuentes proved to be clean as a baby’s soul, you sound ridiculous and only embarass yourself.

·
Registered
28,770 Posts
Could only listen to the match as I was at work. If anything listening to it seems more tense than watching. That level won't be enough for Federer to win the tournament but the one thing that's consistent about Fed these days is inconsistency. He's quite capable of playing brilliantly one match and then terribly the next or vice-versa. Physically a match like that certainly won't do him any good, mentally it's completely the opposite. Winning like that, when he looked to be on the way home so many times, will do wonders for his state of mind. If he can recover physically (a big if, I know) then it wouldn't be a complete surprise to see him swinging away freely and winning the next two fairly routinely.
^Someone who gets it

Lmao Federer barely escaping freaking Millman and it seems Fedtards have been having the biggest orgasm ever in their lives. We will see each other in a few days to see who is gonna have the last laugh. You can laugh hysterically with your old man (for how bad he played but still won) today. That form is not something to be proud of tbh.
^Someone who doesn't

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Proven by whom, EI padrino aka the Godfakerer? Operation Puerto's 200 blood bags of mainly Spanish cyclists, footballers & tennis players have yet to b disclosed.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
you missed the classic. that he loses because he does not want to play rafa or novak so deliberately tanked. my personal favorite from the haters
Indeed. And several others I cba to mention.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Could only listen to the match as I was at work. If anything listening to it seems more tense than watching. That level won't be enough for Federer to win the tournament but the one thing that's consistent about Fed these days is inconsistency. He's quite capable of playing brilliantly one match and then terribly the next or vice-versa. Physically a match like that certainly won't do him any good, mentally it's completely the opposite. Winning like that, when he looked to be on the way home so many times, will do wonders for his state of mind. If he can recover physically (a big if, I know) then it wouldn't be a complete surprise to see him swinging away freely and winning the next two fairly routinely.
Yep. Olderer's level in one match has no bearing on the next one. For better or worse. We'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Don't they both have to actually get there first? ;)
WhiIe being the winners of the Iast 5 AO's is no guarantee, it's a good enough indicator that they shouId have the confidence to make it to the SF against a weaker fieId. Again, while no lock, winner wouId then b favored in the finaI. That better?

241 - 255 of 255 Posts