Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Tragicomedy match, servebot pusherer in full force. Millman is a persistent fighter. Yeah I know, it's all delusion Millman is just better than weak era 1R opponents, yadda yadda. Well, Fed lives on to see another round, but will it do any good I don't know.

·
Registered
21,262 Posts
A master class in pushing and slicing from Roger ''Legs'' Federer

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Let's be honest, Federer didn't do much at the end. Millman blew his load.

·
Your visions will happen
46,696 Posts
Wow insanity. 4-8 to 10-8

Fed saves himself in this event, wow, possibly even saved his legacy

·
Registered
21,154 Posts
Frew MacMillan: “It’s interesting to see the difference in how the two players interact with their camps. With Federer, there’s a seldom glance over. With Millman, it’s full on dialogue, as if he’s playing doubles or triples”.

Millman is one odd character. It was almost as though between 90% of points he was conversing or signalling to his team. He reminded me of a 14 year old junior.

·
Registered
17,296 Posts
LOL Millman. I didn't see most of the match (only the 4th set as I was getting ready for work). But I saw that Millman was up a break in the 5th AND up a mini-break in the 5th set breaker.

·
MONSOON season.
81,390 Posts
Federer 8-4 down in that deciding breaker, but wins six points in a row. This seemed like a veritable choke to me, given the number of errors Millman sprayed after that commanding lead. The crowd's reaction in that last point probably didn't help him either.

Federer was very erratic, but Millman's relentless fighting, enjoyment and commanding spirit made this match watchable. I much prefer Federer as a player, but found myself wanting Millman to win.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
OMG, I want to cry for Millman, so gutted. He played 270%. Federer so passive for 4 hours, like a junior. Millman, you dumb fuck 8-4 in tb and 6 dumb errors in a row, 4 UEs included.

1 - 21 of 255 Posts