Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

Registered
I could not believe my very eyes. Kyrigos actually playing 5 sets without collapsing mentally or physically.

I dare to ask... did Kyrgios actually practice? I mean, did he actually work a bit to improve his fitness? It would be a miracle.

Reactions: RoigerFederah

Registered
I could not believe my very eyes. Kyrigos actually playing 5 sets without collapsing mentally or physically.

I dare to ask... did Kyrgios actually practice? I mean, did he actually work a bit to improve his fitness? It would be a miracle.
A significant improvement to his fitness was noticed last year already. As for his mental, he's still extremely vulnerable. Failing to close both the Simon and the KK match in straights, as he should have, proved that beyond any doubt.
I believe in this past month he's been trying his hardest ever to be professional and composed. Better later than never, of course. But, nobody (including Kyrgios himself) can tell how long that will last. And it's still very much a work in progress.

Registered
A significant improvement to his fitness was noticed last year already. As for his mental, he's still extremely vulnerable. Failing to close both the Simon and the KK match in straights, as he should have, proved that beyond any doubt.
I believe in this past month he's been trying his hardest ever to be professional and composed. Better later than never, of course. But, nobody (including Kyrgios himself) can tell how long that will last. And it's still very much a work in progress.
is Kyrgios that much better that he "should" close out Khachanov in straights in BO5?

See no reason why.

KK upped his game and in the end NK was fortunate he got the W.

Registered
Gutted that Nick is in Nadal's section. Would have loved to see him play like this in Med or Djoker's section.

Will be an interesting match for sure but annoying when your two favourites play each other

Registered
As close as he was, I always had this nagging feeling KK was going to mess it up. A pity, because I was hoping Kyrgios would join Tsitsipas and the clown brigade would be definitely packed and gone from this AO, but it was a great performance, and ofc Nadal-Kyrgios is by far the better match ( I am sure KK would have been a walking bye)

Kyrgios wanted to get all huggy and chummy, but KK was not having it, lol .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Gutted that Nick is in Nadal's section. Would have loved to see him play like this in Med or Djoker's section.

Will be an interesting match for sure but annoying when your two favourites play each other
What a sight, a Nadal fan appreciating Kyrgios! You're a treasure, mate. Keep up the good attitude. (In your face to the guy who said 'only filthy fedtards support thugios'.)

Registered
:eek:
Match ot the year so far and I'm a Kyrgios hater.

Imagine if he lost this 6-2 7-6 6-7 6-7 6-7. And having MP in the 3rd set already! What an absolute heart breaker that would be. Happy for him and Aussies. :)

Has anyone in history lost a match where he was 2-0 up and then lost three consecutive tiebreaks? I guess very unlikely because only USO open has (had) this kind of scoring in the final set.

Banned
Dull and his fans shitting their pants now. Shoulda won in 3 but he got the win which is all that matters. Hopefully he鈥檚 fired up to take out the trash next round.

Registered
TBs were won at 7 8 9 and 10 and lost at 5 6 7 and 8. Not that it matters . But that what I would call close ! High quality match . NK can be composed and play to win not just reckless attacking .

Registered
Who would seriously suggest that KK is the tougher opponent? Did people already forget his atrocious level the entire last season? Did they forget that injured nadal still straight setted him, that he destroyed him in the SA exho? I think it鈥檚 just a mechanism of self defense

Registered
Kyrgios is extra motivated to perform because McEnroe donates money to the bush fire relief campaign for every set he wins, and he is also on probation, so Nick knows that letting his emotions spill too far out of control will be dire.

Once the probation period expires and if he isn't in a team competition or has any higher stakes to play for he will go back to the way he was.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts