Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goffin looked dominant until 6-2 *5-4, then a typical Goffin moment happened losing 10 straight points and Rublev was the clutcher player till the end.

·
Registered
20,835 Posts
Man is a machine out here.

So impressive. His game is complete now.

He's even grown a big serve.

Reactions: BodyServe

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The Vampire bites again..
11:0 for season now
next round probably: Vampire vs. Angel

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Medvedev v Rublev will be great if it happens.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
justice for all
17,665 Posts
Rublev was good but it's more and more visible he's tired by now. He almost went 0-2 in sets today. Physically both of them were really struggling in the 4th set. He'll lose either next round or in the QF at the latest, imo.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Goffin choking away yet another match in hilarious fashion. I can't believe I woke up for this crap.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Great result, a bit more complicated then I hoped for but a win is a win. I really hope he can make it to at least the QFs.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Goffin looked dominant until 6-2 *5-4, then a typical Goffin moment happened losing 10 straight points and Rublev was the clutcher player till the end.
Exactly, typical Goffin, playing well, had the momentum, but was unable to lead by 2 sets. In the third set, he was also a break up. It is only in the fourth set, when he had almost lost the match, that David showed some fighting spirit but that's not enough, he should have had this mentally before in the match and would have had at least 2 sets up. Rublev was so much better in the crucial moments and especially in the 2 tie-breaks.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Goffin was up 6-2 *5-4 and hadn't faced a BP up to this point. He probably looked at the scoreboard then, surprisingly saw his name on it and thought: "Hey, I'm David fucking Goffin, let's show these fuckers it's truly me on the court". The rest is history.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,874 Posts
Andrey has been on fire. 11 straight wins now. Sorry for Goffin but the form didn't let Andrey down.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I'm surprised David Goffin gets as much support as he does.

He's old, there's nothing that stands out or is exciting in his style of play and he doesn't appear to have much of a personality.

At least Andrey Rublev has something about him.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hopefully Rublev wont get there. I want a real challenge for Nadal not a gassed Rublev.
He's 22, not 38. In addition, he's got excitement, newfound confidence, and adrenaline to carry him through.

Rafa's got his hands full from this point onward. What we need is a real challenge for Djoker. This is his home turf. Diego, Milos and/or Marin are not it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts