Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impressive stuff from Motivated Kyrgios for 2.5 sets (until 6-2 6-4 *4-2). Simon's dogged persistence finally goaded poor Nicky into a not unexpected meltdown resulting in a four-game losing streak, but he recomposed himself for the fourth set and was able to grind out a break eventually.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Charismatic exciting shotmaker defeats boring endless pushing baguette and in the meanwhile racks up some money for the bushfire relief. Whats not to like?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope we get Rafa-Nick. I don't know if Kyrgios has the mental to beat Khachanov though.
KK has been in a mental slump himself recently. His ongoing match vs Ymer is quite poor. I reckon Simon has played better than Khachanov is playing at the moment, so if Kyrgios keeps his level up (a solid if, of course), he should beat KK.

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Simon was quite awful today, Nick didn't even have to play well in 1st 2 sets. 4th set was little bit better from both.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Good for the show that Nick qualified. After his horrible end of the third set, I thought Nick could lose this one, as Gilles Simon can play 10 hours of tennis without any problem. Next against Mikael Ymer or Karen Khachanov, will be an interesting one

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice to see King Kyrgios mentally invested for once. Fully expect a tank in the next round now.

Would be glorious if he were to beat Dull here though.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Kyrgios became the very thing he hated the most. Pushing, moonballing, multiple 30+ shot rallies, getting time violations for taking too much time on serve... ?

Jokes aside great match, if he didnt lose his mental in 3rd after failng to convert BP for double break, he would have exceeded all expectations. Was pretty calm and collected, though still had some fun moments, like unnecessary tweeners, even made Simon to imitate Nadals ass picking during service preparation... ?:D

Seriouly, dont know if its coaching, probation or whatever else, but Nick is playing the best i ever seen him, especially in rallies. Even with a break up he was putting a lot of effort and energy into return games, a feat i didnt really ever seen from him. Looks fine on stamina too, im verry excited to see what he can do in next rounds :)

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
Excellent for the tournament, for bushfire relief, and for tennis.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Khachanov looks pretty bad right now so kyrgios shouldn’t have much trouble with him. Time for kyrgios to save tennis in round 4 and give Dull a spanking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts