Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horrible match by KK, given the gulf in class it ought to have been straight sets. Pathetic error-ridden performance, NK should send him packing in a heartbeat. Ymer fought but his base level is nothing special, no great talent there.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
I only saw the TB from 4-2 on, it looked like KK tried to throw it away for a while with some bashing I didn't see him do since 2017. High risk which weren't necessary.

Meanwhile Ymer packed a little less power than I thought.

KK however got it together, and Ymer a little too passive on his 8-6 service point and a bad return error at 8-8, turned the tide around for KK, who did remain sensible on MP and played it.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Like watching WTA with all the breaks in the 5th set. Happy Karen won. He plays aggressive tennis no matter what. Ymer, not seeing any weapons there. Lot of moonball pushing. Soft push shots.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,912 Posts
Ymer served for the match but his serve was not really a big factor from there on, missed many first serves. He should be able to improve that shot.

Karen still made it tough for himself even so, gets through in 4 hr 35 min.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Crazy match, but almost every M. Ymer match is like that. The kid has amazing defense and movement and is so hard to beat. But at the same time he gets nothing easy too cause he lacks weapons. Khachanov looked out at 6-8 tbh, I was waiting for an UE from him but he showed heart and stayed solid. Great match!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Crazy match, but almost every M. Ymer match is like that. The kid has amazing defense and movement and is so hard to beat. But at the same time he gets nothing easy too cause he lacks weapons. Khachanov looked out at 6-8 tbh, I was waiting for an UE from him but he showed heart and stayed solid. Great match!
He can hit out more offensive but he got nervous at 8-6. And at 6-5 also.
????

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
He can hit out more offensive but he got nervous at 8-6. And at 6-5 also.
????
Yea, I know...I been watching him for years and been saying he's the better Ymer when people had Elias as the better prospect. Mikael can be more aggressive but only to a certain extent, he still needs to improve his serve and find a way to get easy points cause almost every match he plays is a grind.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
26,831 Posts
Karen said he had cramps and could not serve properly. That is why it was easier for him to play the return games. I knew he had a problem with the serve, just could not figure out what.

Very happy Karen won, it's the result that matters.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts