Mens Tennis Forums banner

AO 2R: [16] Khachanov def M. Ymer 6-2 2-6 6-4 3-6 7-6(8)

2K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  SetPointDown 
#1 ·
Horrible match by KK, given the gulf in class it ought to have been straight sets. Pathetic error-ridden performance, NK should send him packing in a heartbeat. Ymer fought but his base level is nothing special, no great talent there.

#6 ·
I only saw the TB from 4-2 on, it looked like KK tried to throw it away for a while with some bashing I didn't see him do since 2017. High risk which weren't necessary.

Meanwhile Ymer packed a little less power than I thought.

KK however got it together, and Ymer a little too passive on his 8-6 service point and a bad return error at 8-8, turned the tide around for KK, who did remain sensible on MP and played it.

#9 ·
Ymer served for the match but his serve was not really a big factor from there on, missed many first serves. He should be able to improve that shot.

Karen still made it tough for himself even so, gets through in 4 hr 35 min.

#18 ·
they should have put those two mugs in the womens draw

#21 ·
Threw a dollar on a 9 match, 86-1 parlay so I’d have something to cheer for tonight. First 8 guys won. Ymer served for it and had 8-6 in the TB. Oh well it was only for 86 dollars thankfully.

#26 ·
As a Swede I should be rooting for Ymer but I sort of counted him out a few years ago. Saw him play and fail so many times and decided that he didn't have what it takes to perform in top level tennis. Wrong mentality. He's improved a lot since then and he fought well this match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.