Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Strange match

On a serious note, Petzschner was incredibly up and down today. Had plenty of chances, especially 3 all in the 4th set he had 3 straight BP chances and Raonic somewhat served his way out of trouble, however, Philipp should of done much more.

Raonic played OK, was pretty terrible with his approach shots, was more like serving well and letting Petzschner lose the big points.

Next up for Raonic, most likely Roddick. I don't think Raonic will get past Roddick. Roddick is a better returner in general, I mean at the very least he puts back a lot of returns into play (unlike Philipp today :eek: ) and Roddick will most likely be too solid off the ground.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Raonic seemed to serve worse than in Chennai.

Weird ending with a bunch of breaks. Raonic's MP was an ace which was deemed a let... His reaction was great! Was smiling about it. Took the match on the replay when Petzschner hit a forehand long.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Strange match indeed. Petzschner very unpredictable in the last set. Raonic wasn't serving great, although it was breezy out there. Lol at the ending..

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Impressive from Milos, saved a lot of BP, when he was serving for match first time he couldn´t hit 1st serve and pretty windy was out there, but 2nd time serving for match he saved BP, that was big. Crucial was probably that game in 4th - 4:3 Petzschner and Milos was down 0:40 on his serve, hi hit ace, than heavy topspin 2nd serve what Petszchner couldn´t return back in court and than risky 2nd serve 198km/h on T which was basically free point, Milos came to the net and Petzschner missed.

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
Glad that Petz choked there. If he didn't, this one would have gone 5 and anything goes at this point. That said, Milos significantly outclassed Petzschner overall. Still, nobody should have been surprised that it was a difficult match for him.

In any case, another game for Milos.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad that Petz choked there. If he didn't, this one would have gone 5 and anything goes at this point. That said, Milos significantly outclassed Petzschner overall. Still, nobody should have been surprised that it was a difficult match for him.

In any case, another game for Milos.

I wouldn't call it outclassing him. More like Milos just getting the ball back into play on the big points and letting Petzschner play some really poor shots, because if you saw the match, Philipp had certainly plenty of chances, not just in break games, couple 30-all type games as well while being lackadaisical on several of his service games even after having game points in them.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
Well done by Milos to gut it out with his serves even though there were a lot of problem points (inability to lob or hit short balls).

Next up Lleyton or Roddick! :eek: Shud be a good one :yeah:

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
I wouldn't call it outclassing him. More like Milos just getting the ball back into play on the big points and letting Petzschner play some really poor shots, because if you saw the match, Philipp had certainly plenty of chances, not just in break games, couple 30-all type games as well while being lackadaisical on several of his service games even after having game points in them.
Petzschner wasn't winning the rallies at all. He seemed in poor form for most of the match...I've seen him much better than today.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts