Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum...but does anyone know when are AO 2016 tickets going on sale? I'm planning to visit Melbourne in January, and I was wondering how hard is to get the first or the second round tickets during general sale? Thanks in advance! :)

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I don't but whoa, 9 posts in 6 years.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
I don't but whoa, 9 posts in 6 years.
shhh....don't scare the lurkers!

Not sure about AO 2016, likely too early still. www.ausopen.com is where you want to check. They have the dates for next years on the page already, but all the information is for this years still.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I did check ausopen.com, but you're right, the info is from last year. I wonder if it is worth getting Aussie Tennis Association membership to get early access to the tickets. My USTA membership gets me pre-sale for US Open, it looks like the same deal with ATA...

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Are you going down there specifically for AO, or will you just happen to be around for it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying to decide for a place for the honeymoon. Of course, even that has to revolve around tennis ;) Also, it would be the third GS on my tennis watching "resume". Obviously, while down under, I'd want to hit Sydney too....

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Trying to decide for a place for the honeymoon. Of course, even that has to revolve around tennis ;) Also, it would be the third GS on my tennis watching "resume". Obviously, while down under, I'd want to hit Sydney too....
Makes sense, I'm sure you'll have a blast. That's the best honeymoon I could think of!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, looking forward to it! :) Now, I just need to get the tix. But, it looks like they are not hard/expensive to get (unlike Wimbledon!)

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Thanks, looking forward to it! :) Now, I just need to get the tix. But, it looks like they are not hard/expensive to get (unlike Wimbledon!)
Yeah depends which day you do. I was there for 2008 AO and we got second day tickets no problem, but yeah I would buy them as soon as possible.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The ground passes are pretty easy to pick up, tickets for the main stadiums also appear pretty easy but I usually only bother with a ground pass, tickets for the finals tend to be harder to come by. o and a pair of sunglasses a hat and suncream are a must.

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
And after that you only need one more slam to complete the fan grand slam :)

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I want to go to Roland garros.. If you think about it with an open mind it comes sooner than next AO..

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,873 Posts
Thanks everyone for suggestions/tips! I'll be checking ausopen.com daily for tix updates :)
This might help:
http://www.ausopen.com/membership/membership-faqs#q3

It explains if you sign up for AO membership (at cost), they will have 'presale dates' i.e exclusive booking periods before it is opened for general public sale, and they release these presale dates in June.
So no sale by any means till June. So don't bother checking back and forth till that pt of time.

For general public after this period, not sure when that starts, but will be after presale dates...but the booking link should work when it does: http://www.ausopen.com/tickets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MWW, thanks a lot for the info! Are you an AO member? I am considering getting it just to be able to get decent seats ahead of time. (USTA membership works great for US Open tix)...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts