• Murray in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone withdraws or retires.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
23,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realistically it is hard to gauge whether Murray and Stan's peaks form would show up in a final (where Stan could be tense on defending his title while Murray is tense in trying to find his first AO win) but I think this could be a more realistic scenario IMO. Who do you think wins, when the Murray that shows up vs. Berdych and the Wawrinka that shows up vs. Nishikori happened? Let us assume that Stan has won against Djokovic in 4 by winning the 1st Set TB while Murray feels that this is a big opportunity without Djokovic. Would like to see what is your opinion on this theoretical matchup.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,337 Posts
I reckon Wawrinka has a good edge because of the raw power of the BH. Nole barely held on with the BH, dragged way out of court at times, but I suspect Murray won't be so lucky. It would be interesting indeed, because Stan is not as predictable as Berdych for sure, and has clutcher serving moments. Also Murray's second serve would be in trouble moreso. Of course we need a Stan playing well and not erroRinka. He played well against Nishikori at USO14 QF but became too defensive later on so Nishikori smoked the ball and took it. But vs Murray, he'll be allowed to be more aggressive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts