Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2014 when Djoker got knocked out in the QF, everyone thought Nadal would win easily. But then Stanimal showed up in the final and blew him off the court. I feel we will have this scenario again. The pressure will get to Novak and instead of winning like people think he will, he will either get knocked out by Andy in the semis or will lose to Stanimal (who will probably beat Stronga) in the final.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
In 2014 when Djoker got knocked out in the QF, everyone thought Nadal would win easily. But then Stanimal showed up in the final and blew him off the court. I feel we will have this scenario again. The pressure will get to Novak and instead of winning like people think he will, he will either get knocked out by Andy in the semis or will lose to Stanimal (who will probably beat Stronga) in the final.

Thoughts?
What if Tsonga beats Stan?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
There's still a lot for him to do, and more pressure on him than anyone else. He's still the favourite by some distance though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I believe that Nole will deal with that pressure very well.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I think he'll be relaxed. I'm more worried about the SF, but Murray isn't a great heat player either I don't think.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Who cares other than Djokertards/Serbian extremists

·
Registered
979 Posts
Biggest pressure was on him today against Rafa and he won comfortably: nobody left in the draw can create more pressure and Novak will be confident and hungry for the title.
I think it's his year to win it.

·
Registered
60,743 Posts
I don't really see Murray beating him (I think Ferrer would have been more trouble actually) but I think Wawrinka might can if he has a great day and Djokovic is nervy.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be nice.
Keep crying because the supposed clay king got roasted in 3 by a not even close to peak Nole.

Tennis wins because Nadal can't win the FO. Anyone who wins now will be good. If Djoker loses then he has chances next year. But you furiously masturbating when it happens will be tragic.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Except I believe Clayray has a great chance now.

Still hoping Jo wins it though.

·
6,726 Posts
Not going to happen.
Wawrinka may have been able to hit through Novak in Melbourne, but it won't happen here.
Nobody can possibly stop Novak.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Novak showed he can handle his nerves. Wawrinka didn't show a supreme game, he wasn't really challenged by anyone even Lajovic took a set in R2.

Of course everyday is a new chapter in the story, but Novak has a strong grounded team that will work with him and prep him for those challenges.

I'm a bit afraid of Andy, he plays really good when he is in the zone. NOw it will all depend how the others will enter the match up and if they think they can defeat the Champ slayer. ^^

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
That would be hilarious...

Novak made tennis a huge favor, saving RG... Now ANYBODY winning will be great for tennis...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Keep crying because the supposed clay king got roasted in 3 by a not even close to peak Nole.

Tennis wins because Nadal can't win the FO. Anyone who wins now will be good. If Djoker loses then he has chances next year. But you furiously masturbating when it happens will be tragic.
Unlike you, I don't get that emotional over tennis matches. :hug:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts