Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Two years later this man wears pajamas and lifts the trophy.

Gasquet turned into an all court shot maker for the first time in his life... and between both guys they hit 100+ winners

Clutchwrinka

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Finally proper highlights. 🛐 With this, evening clay court tennis and wooden chairs, RG has definitely stepped up their game.

Btw what disrespect to Gasquet. He's always been an all court shotmaker, just got forehand cancer from 2008 onwards. This, his weak serve and questionable fitness are proof for the rest of his game being great.

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally proper highlights. 🛐 With this, evening clay court tennis and wooden chairs, RG has definitely stepped up their game.

Btw what disrespect to Gasquet. He's always been an all court shotmaker, just got forehand cancer from 2008 onwards. This, his weak serve and questionable fitness are proof for the rest of his game being great.
This is debatable and I'm sure it could be said for 80 percent of the tour , but he has always opted for staying behind the baseline and grinding out the point. There hasn't been too many occasions where we have seen Gasquet like he played against Wawrinka that day...

I always wonder why his coach and other people surrounding him never encouraged him to keep an aggressive game plan, instead of loopin forehands and hitting loopy cross court backhands....

·
Registered
17,786 Posts
first time an all court shotmaker?

Dude, like you can say this with certainty.

Reactions: IBM

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Gasquet always had the ability to be a strong all court shot maker but he for some reason decided to hit loopy shit from Nadal territory behind the baseline.

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
21:42-32:00 that 4th set :love::love::love:

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gasquet always had the ability to be a strong all court shot maker but he for some reason decided to hit loopy shit from Nadal territory behind the baseline.
Yeah you watch Gasquet hit a 150 khm Backhand and then rush into the net and hit an on the line volley winner.... then you watch him stand 5 ft behind the baseline and rely on his opponent making the error....

Really bizarre.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Yeah you watch Gasquet hit a 150 khm Backhand and then rush into the net and hit an on the line volley winner.... then you watch him stand 5 ft behind the baseline and rely on his opponent making the error....

Really bizarre.
Yep, pretty much the reason along with his mentality why he was always a walkover for the big 3.

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, pretty much the reason along with his mentality why he was always a walkover for the big 3.
There is a reality where 3-4 , 4th set Gasquet has lifted the French Open trophy and has been a mainstay in top 10....

Instead here we are.

·
Super Moderator
9,376 Posts
There is a reality where 3-4 , 4th set Gasquet has lifted the French Open trophy and has been a mainstay in top 10....

Instead here we are.
Beam me up to that reality please

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beam me up to that reality please
There is also a reality where Kevin Anderson has Djokovic's mental strength is in the ATG list 😂😂

Now we have slam Finalist , who Anderson.

·
justice for all
16,240 Posts
That game at 3-4 in the 4th - unreal. Arguably the best single game ever.
2013 was a special year for Stan. He didn’t win anything big yet that year but that was when Stanimal was born.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,324 Posts

Gasquet can be fantastic but wtf was this rally?

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
That 4th set is the best set I have ever seen.
Absolutely glorious shotmaking.

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I watched again this specific game in the 4th set, even better than what I remembered.
I had actually never seen that game before truly 🐐

1 - 20 of 20 Posts