Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,402 Posts
Ivashka straight up was robbed of a point in the TB. Though I really want to see a replay of that point. The call definitely came first but i thought he made the shot anyway.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ivashka had no chance in that point, but the call came before he hit the ball so should've been replayed. Rules-wise it was wrong, but play-wise Anderson would have won the point if there had been no call.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,381 Posts
Ivashka lost it before the tiebreak by mentally collapsing with easy errors from 4-1 up in the 4th set. Anderson won 6 straight games and changed the complexion of the match. Bad luck but experience shows.

·
52,381 Posts
How was Anderson's match fitness? It didn't seem particularly good at ATP Cup.
Looked awful at points, like he was s step slow on everything. Ivashka reinvigorated him by choking mid 4tg set though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ivashka had no chance in that point, but the call came before he hit the ball so should've been replayed. Rules-wise it was wrong, but play-wise Anderson would have won the point if there had been no call.
So Ivashka was robbed then. Umpires shouldn't go against the rules for what seems right.

·
52,381 Posts
So Ivashka was robbed then. Umpires shouldn't go against the rules for what seems right.
If you can even judge the timing so closely. Split second stuff.

·
52,381 Posts
I didn't see it, was just going off the comments. But yeah, can't blame umpires for missing the timing of such things.
the only thing Ivashka did was connect with the ball on the full stretch but knocked it down and to the left side (so didn't get it back in play). Whether the <400ms had enough impact to make him give up on the pt or affect his shot is another matter but given the circumstance, Kevin had the point 95% won, it caught a thin sliver of the sideline. A replay is warranted for sure if he had retrieved the ball in play. Otherwise it is discretionary.

·
Registered
951 Posts
It was the wrong call by the umpire, I agree. But if there had been no call by the line one, Anderson would have won the point. So to me it wasn't a complete robbery.

·
Registered
13,669 Posts
No he wasn't lol. And yes they should, it's called applying common sense.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts