Votes: 121 47.6%
  • Nadal

Votes: 133 52.4%
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tsonga is quite impressive here since he beat three talented outsiders (Murray, Gasquet, Youzhny).
Nadal had got a cakewalk-draw as good as (if not better) the one he got in Wimbledon 2006. But this time he has not lost a set yet.
I was sure Baghdatis would beat him in semi there and i was wrong. If i had to put money on this match i'd pick Nadal in three or four sets but with an easy end of match.

H2H: Nadal 1/0
US Open 2007: 7/6 6/2 6/1
Easy match for Nadal, the first set could have been even easier. Too easy for Rafa in the last two sets, Tsonga being obviously exhausted.

Tsonga
R128: def. Murray 7/5 6/4 0/6 7/6
R64: def. Warburg 6/4 7/6 6/2
R32: def Garcia Lopez 6/3 6/4 6/2
R16: def Gasquet 6/2 6/7 7/6 6/3
1/4: def Youzhny 7/5 6/0 7/6

Nadal
R128: def Troicky 7/6 7/5 6/1
R64: def Serra 6/0 6/2 6/2
R32: def Simon 7/5 6/2 6/3
R16: def Mathieu 6/4 3/0
1/4: def Nieminen 7/5 6/3 6/1

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Rafa = French Killa in this Aussie Open.

This is going to be hugely tough though. Hopefully Rafa's experience will be enough to see him through, but if Tsonga brings his A game to the court I think he'll win.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
nadal in 3 or 4

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Nadal will win solely on the fact Tsonga hits too many errors, which is good enough against most people as he hits about the same amount of winners, but the junkballing machine will return alot more, resulting in more errors.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Hopefully Tsonga, Nadal in final would only show how bad all these players are

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Nadal in 3 or 4. He's a better retriever, his topspin will not enable Tsonga to swing freely, and let's not forget the occasion and experience factor.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Nadal in 3 or 4. He's a better retriever, his topspin will not enable Tsonga to swing freely, and let's not forget the occasion and experience factor.
Its not clay, the topspin doesn't really have much effect, this match is Tsongas to lose depending on whether he controls his UE's & emotions, which intertwine with each other.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
Nadal will toy with another Frenchie en route to the finals... How predictable... :zzz: :zzz:

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
nadal will take this one in in 3 sets, with the first one being close and the second and third rather freebies.

7-6, 6-4, 6-2

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Nadal will win solely on the fact Tsonga hits too many errors, which is good enough against most people as he hits about the same amount of winners, but the junkballing machine will return alot more, resulting in more errors.
word

it will be the reprise of their's match from US Open

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Probably Nadal............but, I'll be hoping Tsonga sends piggy weeeeeing all the way home.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hopefully Tsonga.

Realistically, Rafa in 3.

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Nadal in 3 or 4

Tsonga has trouble returning the lefty serve to his backhand, Rafa will serve to that side all day long. If Tsonga serves as well as he has so far in this tournament, I can see one or two tiebreaks in this match, but in the end Nadal will wear him down by getting so many balls back.

I hope I'm wrong ;)

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Probably Nadal............but, I'll be hoping Tsonga sends piggy weeeeeing all the way home.
Oh yes - me too :) Allez Jo!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Nadal in three or four, most likely similar score lines compared to their USO06 encounter. Tsonga will keep up for a set or two but after that Nadal will wear him down

1 - 20 of 180 Posts