Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was absolutely gutted last night, was rooting for Nadal so bad. It's the most devastated I've ever felt after a match. I had to turn off at the exact moment Djokovic won, and will avoid the news for the next couple of days in an attempt to block it out of my mind. :sad:

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
I'm on my deathbed. Rafito :sad:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Nadal forum.

·
Game, Set, Match - Nadal
642 Posts
To be completely honest - i'm really not that gutted and i've been that way after Nadals speech.

I've felt far worse - wimbledon 2011 particular and the limp out vs Ferrer at the 2011 AO hurt because i truly believed Rafa would win those events.

When Rafa lost the third set and looked like he was going to get bagaled in the fourth last night i felt awful watching it, i knew i couldn't watch the match point.

But then he reminded me why i've supported him since i first saw him in the 2004 AO in person - the day a 17 year old teenager playing against my countries hero won me over to support him for life. He is a fighter. A competitor. A champion.

I never expected Nadal to win this tournament, SF i thought would be a great 2012 start. And when he made the final i knew he had a chance against Nole, but not a great one - because i knew how hard peak Nadal was to beat in 5 sets and now Nole is at his peak and is every bit the champion Nadal is.

So i'm not dissapointed, but incredibly proud of Rafa. No one would have expected the fight he gave last night in the 4th and 5th. And i'm proud of Djokovic.

Whilst tennis fans will debate whether it was a good match my facebook page was filled with neutral fan tributes to the players and match at 1.30am - that's great for the sport i've loved ever since i saw Pete Sampras win his first Major.

I'm so damn proud of both players.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Nothing to feel sorry for ,,nadull getting a taste of his own medicine.
A player trolling his bh & using tactics that he usesto gain an advantage.
In other word nadull has met his match,,thats what makes tennis interesting.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I didn't have such a great feeling 'cause I like both players and it was a petty that one of them should win/lose in such a manner...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Actually I thought this was nadal's besst shot to end his losing streak giving nole's condition after the 5 hour match plus he's dealing with some leg issues. Regardless, I thought nadal if he made it a long and grueling match would have the big edge. Boy was I wrong. Novak showed alot and actually should have close this out in 4 to be honest and if he hadn't been pushed by murray I believe it would have been easier that it was.

There is no where to goo against nole.

On anotheer note. This is how i see fed winning a slam. Getting the number 2 ranking by wimbledon or us open. Nole and rafa put in same half and kill each other and rog wins the title. I really see that happening if rog gets number 2. He's 2500 from nadal but should win rotterdam and dubai which will put him closer.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Don't know how often that 4-2 scoreline popped into my head. He had him, damn... it would've been so sweet :awww:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I'm still hurting from the Murray match :sad:

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
I was trying to physically hurt myself to turn the pain from mental wounds but nothing wasn't helping . only thing which helps a little is that Rafito feels even worse :haha:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Yes, I'm actually starting to hate myself. How can I be so affected by something like this? The guy is rich, famous and has won so many important titles in his career. And it's only a sport.
But it still kills me. :bigcry:

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
"oh god this is killing me"..

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Just like heaven is an interesting character. French and Rafatard. Almost an oxymoron.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It feels so good when Novak wins, wins against a warrior in rafa who never gives up, wins against the crowd, who mainly support Rafa ( just like at US and wimbeldon) and its not just that they support rafa, but they cheer him when Nole makes UE, and when he makes some amazing winner, the crowd are silenced. And the crowd is always against him from the semi until he wins it. Even the umpires and linesmen where against Nole the whole fucking match and despite all that, he rises and wins. It feels so good that he silenced the whole crowd numerous times. So fucking good...:) All that just makes it a bit more sweet:)

·
Registered
24,803 Posts
me, gained lots of white hairs and wrinkles duirng these 6 hours and could only manage to sleep for 2 hours after that, woke up with a swollen eye, really wanted to call in sick for work.

One would laugh that even at this old age, i still behave like a teeanger, but i can't help. Most devastating lost of Rafa in his entire career :bigcry: :banghead: :hysteric:

i think i need at least 3 more days to recover :tears:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was absolutely gutted last night, was rooting for Nadal so bad. It's the most devastated I've ever felt after a match. I had to turn off at the exact moment Djokovic won, and will avoid the news for the next couple of days in an attempt to block it out of my mind. :sad:
Djokovic is only doing to Nadal what he's been doing to Federer these past few years. He's the only guy in the current game who is not intimidated by Nadal especially in the big matches.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts