I never went to the tournament until after I graduated college. :awww:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LaTenista said:
At the Championship Club? :p

I never went to the tournament until after I graduated college. :awww:

ill have my all-access players guest card. only thing i dont like is in 2003 with that card you can go to CC or anywhere on site and eat all you want, now since Western/Southern took over, they give out 21meal passes for a week :( :lol:

i went 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 and this year, then next, and next and maybe 1 more :lol: if Ivan retires, no point of going, since i wont be able to get the all-access card :mad:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
-Albert Pujols- said:
ill have my all-access players guest card. only thing i dont like is in 2003 with that card you can go to CC or anywhere on site and eat all you want, now since Western/Southern took over, they give out 21meal passes for a week :( :lol:

i went 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 and this year, then next, and next and maybe 1 more :lol: if Ivan retires, no point of going, since i wont be able to get the all-access card :mad:
:scratch: Well how many meals do you eat there? If you eat lunch and dinner there for 10 days that's 20, so one left over for me. ;)

:shrug: I've been going to the tournament every year since 2002, I'm just a series ticket holder so I don't get any free food. My tennis instructor is on the board of the tournament and she keeps asking me to become a volunteer. :tape:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LaTenista said:
My tennis instructor is on the board of the tournament and she keeps asking me to become a volunteer. :tape:
:lol: dont do it :lol: last year i had one of the drivers take me to Best Buy, i was looking for a X-Box game, and they didnt have it, he got all mad, he kept telling me, i need to call best buy to make sure they have it first. :rolls:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: well the Marriot is sold out anyways. whatever you do, dont get a hotel, downtown or close to the airport, because those two are NOT close to the tennis site.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
There is a Knight's Inn & a Holiday Inn Express Exit 21 off I-75 (Cincinnati-Dayton Rd) both are about 15 minutes from the tennis.

All the hotels in Mason (SR 747/Kings Mills Rd, Mason-Montgomery Rd, Kings Island Dr) are pricey all summer because of Paramount's Kings Island (amusement park) and The Beach (water park) being in that area.

There is also a big group of hotels/extended stays in Sharonville about 20 minutes away - Exit 44 off I-275/Exit 15 off I-75 - including Motel 6, Sheraton, HomeSuites, Living Inn, etc. on Kemper & Chester Rds.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'll be going again, all 10 days. I can't wait!

savestheday91 said:
This is my first time going here. Anyone have any tips for cheap hotels?
If you haven't already booked your room, check out the Extended Stay America hotel in Blue Ash. It's about 1/2 hour from the tournament site, but it's a straight shot up the expressway, and SO much less expensive. (Plus, if you're going for more than a few days, an extended stay is really nice.

http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/minisite/?hotelID=527

The Homestead Studio Suites in Blue Ash is part of the Extended Stay chain, but a bit nicer. It has free breakfast and a pool, very nice in the ridiculously hot August temperatures.

http://www.homesteadhotels.com/minisite/?hotelID=10

I've stayed at both these, and they're both nice. Nothing too fancy, but how much time are you really going to spend in your room, anyhow? The only big drawbacks for both of them is that there aren't any restaurants within walking distance (which is where the kitchenettes come in handy), but there are a few to chose from near the highway, so not too far away.

If you need any other tips, I'll be happy to share!

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Eclectic Goddess said:
I'll be going again, all 10 days. I can't wait!

If you haven't already booked your room, check out the Extended Stay America hotel in Blue Ash. It's about 1/2 hour from the tournament site, but it's a straight shot up the expressway, and SO much less expensive. (Plus, if you're going for more than a few days, an extended stay is really nice.

http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/minisite/?hotelID=527

The Homestead Studio Suites in Blue Ash is part of the Extended Stay chain, but a bit nicer. It has free breakfast and a pool, very nice in the ridiculously hot August temperatures.

http://www.homesteadhotels.com/minisite/?hotelID=10

I've stayed at both these, and they're both nice. Nothing too fancy, but how much time are you really going to spend in your room, anyhow? The only big drawbacks for both of them is that there aren't any restaurants within walking distance (which is where the kitchenettes come in handy), but there are a few to chose from near the highway, so not too far away.

If you need any other tips, I'll be happy to share!
Thanks!!

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I should be there Tuesday the 15th!

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
I never actually said for sure what days I was going.. :lol: I will be there for quallies and Monday and Tuesday :) If anyone wants to meet up or say hello or anything, shoot me a PM. I love meeting MTF-ers :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts