Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went last year and was lucky enough to get tickets in the ballot this year. Centre court for the semi-finals, should be good :)

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
I'm unexpectedly going to be in London on the middle Saturday this year, but I don't get into Gatwick until 9.30am. Does anyone have a clue my chances of getting into Wimbledon? Slim, non-existent?
Very slim I'd say :hug: middle Saturday is the busiest day of the tourney, last year was chaotic - unless you got into the queue before about 7.30am you didn't get in. You might be better trying to go there at about 4ish and trying to get in when people are leaving, they resell tickets.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have 2 tickets for Centre Court on Saturday 26 June and I am going by myself. Is there anyone who is interested to join me?

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
I confirm to be there from Monday to Wednesday of the 1st week (will pick one day to queue overnight), then leave for Scotland on Thursday, and back to London for the men's semi-final on July 2.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I'm off to the qualies this year. Can anyone confirm if it is still at the Bank of England Sports Club in Roehampton, and is it still easy to park nearby? Two years ago I parked just down the street from the entrance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm off to the qualies this year. Can anyone confirm if it is still at the Bank of England Sports Club in Roehampton, and is it still easy to park nearby? Two years ago I parked just down the street from the entrance.
Yes, I would like to know this as well please!

Also, does anyone know how probable it is to get centre court or court 1 tickets for the second wednesday (i.e. the mens quarterfinals)? At what time would I have to queue the day before to be more or less sure to get in?

Cheers!

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
I have 2 tickets for Centre Court on Saturday 26 June and I am going by myself. Is there anyone who is interested to join me?
Have you still got 1 available? I'd contemplate taking it off you if you still got it :wavey:
Yeah it's still at the club in Roehampton - the last few years I've been able to park right near there just go to the bottom of the road and swing round to the left and that whole street is free parking. That's presuming they haven't changed it this year :unsure: I'll be going on Wednesday so I could let you know, depending which day you're going?

Yes, I would like to know this as well please!

Also, does anyone know how probable it is to get centre court or court 1 tickets for the second wednesday (i.e. the mens quarterfinals)? At what time would I have to queue the day before to be more or less sure to get in?

Cheers!
It'll be tough. Very. If Murray, Nadal and Federer are still in it you'll struggle. I'd say you'd probably need to queue from at least 2pm the day before, maybe even earlier. It's the last day people can buy tickets on the gate, and it's a good day to go.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Too late :angel: But thanks for your response on my question a few pages back :hug:
:ras: :lol:

Let me know which days you're going, would be good to hook up if you fancy it :) and ask away if you've got any other questions.

Anyone going to qualies on Wednesday?

·
Registered
123 Posts
me going for the first two days..
will queue overnight for one of them atleast..
it will be my first time...
any ideas how to rent a tent for the overnight queue..
are they available nearby???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I notice that there are few people on here who have had experience of camping in the past. I have camped four times for the first week, but am planning this time to go for the Men's Quarter Finals. Really hoping Andy Murray is still in the draw and can get to see him on centre, and guessing would be Roger/Rafa playing in the other match on centre. I am just totally paranoid about not getting there on time to get a centre court ticket! I don't want to travel 4 hours to be number 600 in the queue, but equally don't want to get there so early that my husband is really annoyed with me for making him sit out for hours longer than necessary! I have booked us on a coach getting into Victoria for 11.30, and then hopefully to Wimbledon Park for around 12.30pm (the day before obviously!). Those who have camped out before, do you think that's a reasonable time to get there for? Thanks in advance!!

Anyone who wants tips for first week camping, feel free to ask!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi there,

Anyone who wants tips for first week camping, feel free to ask!!
I asked before but no-one replied.
I will be coming for the first time to UK.
I will be coming all the way from India , with my wife for the first couple of days , before moving on to scotland for a vacation

I intend to queue overnight for the first day.

Any tips as to when to reach to guarantee getting a ticket to centre court to watch federer open the proceedings are welcome.

Biggest question i have :
WHERE CAN I RENT A 2-PERSON TENT

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think for the first Monday to be absolutely sure you want to aim to get there for around 1pm (actually in the queue for 1pm, so get to Southfields tube station for say 12.30). I have never heard of anywhere that rents tents, sorry. Your best bet, I would have thought, would be to go to a store like argos where you could buy a tent like this:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3401668/Trail/searchtext>TENT.htm

There are loads of argos' all over London http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/QASStoreLocator?nextView=ArgosStoreLocatorMainStoreList&failView=ArgosStoreLocatorMain&mmPostcode=&mmTownName=london&x=0&y=0

Someone always turns up to camp without a tent, so when you leave that evening you could always go to the queue and see if anyone would like to buy the tent off you.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
:ras: :lol:

Let me know which days you're going, would be good to hook up if you fancy it :) and ask away if you've got any other questions.
Ooh, I'd be honoured to meet you :worship: I'm only going to be there on the middle Saturday, though. If that doesn't work, I'll be back in November for longer for the year end championships :yeah:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts