Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone gonna be going to Rogers cup? This will be my first trip to watch the Roger cup, any tips will be appreciated.

I will be staying at the official hotel Fairmont Queen Elizabeth. I have purchased tickets for Thursday 3rd round and Friday quarter-finals day and night sessions for both days. Hoping to be able to watch Nadal, Federer, Murray and Djokovic play but a must watch for Nadal and Federer. As all of them will be getting a bye first round, I need them to all win at least one match but I'm starting to get a bit worried that Nadal and Federer might lose early. What do you guys thinks of my chances? Should I also get tickets for round 2 to be safe? It's just harder to get another day of work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Also, do tickets normally sellout the day of? Might want to watch semi-final if Nadal or Federer make it that far.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rogers cup? I would predict that no one is going to Rogers cup.

But in all seriousness, if you're that concerned about seeing Rogi and Rafa then you probably wouldn't want to see them lose in the second round anyways.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I would have loved to; went to Montreal for the Rogers Cup in 2008 and 2010 and had an amazing time. Sadly, this year will be a miss.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The men tend to sell out in Montreal.

People may be more cautious this year with Federer's decline and Nadal's knees but you should've a lot of fun anyways.
The main stadium has a really nice atmosphere.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Ana's in Toronto this year :couple: Every cloud has a silver lining.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
How much it cost to get a ticket for the Montreal TMS?

·
Banned
897 Posts
Montreal Night session is one of the best to watch :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I will be going all week as I have for the past 12 years. I have a weekly pass for the National Bank court. Best court to see some close action of (relatively) top players. Nadal, Federer, Murray and Djokovic won't play on this court, but you'll see the like of Ferrer, Wawrinka and Berdych. I don't usually go see matches on Centre Court, even though it's a great stadium. I'm just not a big fan of the top players or Canadian hopefuls. On this court, expect to pay at least 150$ for a good seat during the quarterfinals and more for the semis and final. Even though it's not a huge stadium, sections in the 300 don't give you that good of a view. I personnaly prefer to be much closer. I would go for tickets in the 200 or the 100 if you have $$$ to spend !! Prices for the National Bank courts are way cheaper in comparison, so it's an amazing trade-off. Also, if you have a ticket for Centre Court, you can always have access to the National Bank court, but on the upper level.

Quarters (singles), semis (singles) and the final are all played on Centre Court. Only doubles quarters and semis *might* be played on National Bank court.

Historically, it's hard to get good tickets for the semis and/or final the day of the event. But I just checked, and some good seats are still available.

There are no ground admission passes. You need to either buy a ticket for Centre Court or National Bank Court to be granted admission in the park.

Matches are usually played on 4 courts (sometimes 5) : Centrer Court, National Bank court, Court #5, Court #9 and (I believe) Court #2.

I will be happy to answer some more questions !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Tennisfan-Mtl for the info.

I have already purchased tickets for 3rd round and quarter-finals both day and night sessions. I will be sitting in 200 level row B. Hope that is not too bad. I would like to get tickets for semi-final and finals that's if nadal or Federer can make it that far but don't want to risk the chance of buying tickets now for they are expensive if my faves aren't playing. Will there be any seats available the day of? Even if it's 300 level, I don't mind. Would you know if there will be any scalpers selling outside the stadium?

·
Registered
704 Posts
The last two times the men have played in Montreal (2009 and 2011), tickets for the final had sold out way before the event started. However, there are tons of scalpers at the park entrance all week.

Section 200, row B provides an excellent view.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Not the best seats, but I just booked my tickets for the 2 hr drive down to MTL and back, quarterfinals day time session, Section 317 Row E. Hoping to see some great matches! Usually 2 in the day session for QFs? First time going to a tennis event of any kind.

Hope to see some of you there,
Justin

·
Registered
704 Posts
Usually, there are 2 quarterfinal matches for the day session and two for the night session.

Enjoy your time in MTL !

Not the best seats, but I just booked my tickets for the 2 hr drive down to MTL and back, quarterfinals day time session, Section 317 Row E. Hoping to see some great matches! Usually 2 in the day session for QFs? First time going to a tennis event of any kind.

Justin

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The last two times the men have played in Montreal (2009 and 2011), tickets for the final had sold out way before the event started. However, there are tons of scalpers at the park entrance all week.

Section 200, row B provides an excellent view.
Thanks Tennis-Mtl. Do you know if Nadal and Federer normally play day or night matches?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Justin
You're alot closer then me. I have a 5 hr drive, coming in from Toronto. Hope we get to see some great matches to make up for the long drive.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'll be going for the first time! I will be covering the event for The Traveling Fan Girl and Tennis East Coast! :yeah: I'm looking forward to it. Is it usually already pretty crowded during the first few days?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Rogers Cup in Montreal is known to be one of the most attended tournaments of its category :)

Extremely crowded from day 1 (Monday).

Qualifications are a bit less busy, but still, quite a lot of people.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tennisfan-Mtl, I have been checking the weather and seems like it will be raining most of the whole week. Do the tournament try to push thru all the matches on other courts when there is no rain or do they delay til the day after?

·
Registered
704 Posts
We haven't been checking the same weather forecasts !

http://www.meteomedia.com/tendance-meteo-14-jours/canada/quebec/montreal

The weather predictions look GREAT for next week with only slim chances of rain.

In the 12 years I've been attending the Rogers Cup in Montreal, most matches have been played the day they were scheduled.

:)

Tennisfan-Mtl, I have been checking the weather and seems like it will be raining most of the whole week. Do the tournament try to push thru all the matches on other courts when there is no rain or do they delay til the day after?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts