Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,165 Posts

"Novak’s mom recently had a talk with Graham Bensinger where she showed him Novak’s trophy room which obviously had a lot of trophies. During this talk, Graham asked her if she sees her son playing at the age of 40. She replied by saying, “No, I don’t think so. He has so many things in life, not just tennis. He is a tennis player now but he wants to do many things after that and he has his family. So I think he will play for 3 or 4 more years, 5 at the most.” Many tennis fans might be disappointed to hear that he won’t play till he’s 40. But he will still play for 5 more years which is a long time. And hopefully, in that time we can see him achieve one of his biggest goals – becoming the greatest tennis player of all time."

She thinks like me, he'll be done around 2023-2024/5ish, I don't think Rafa will play past 2022/3ish around 36/37 as well... Rogie will stop around 2022/2023 as well, so in a few years they'll all be gone!!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
What a difference a few months make as the no.1 was carrying record breaking momentum which all of a sudden has indefinitely been shut down & who knows how it will affect his return but we know there’s a former no.1 sitting in Switzerland smiling ear to ear.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
What a difference a few months make as the no.1 was carrying record breaking momentum which all of a sudden has indefinitely been shut down & who knows how it will affect his return but we know there’s a former no.1 sitting in Switzerland smiling ear to ear.
Here is a quote of Djokovic's, "Unlike many other players, I was able to train almost every day because we resided in a house with a tennis court. I refrained from posting clips on social networks because I didn't want to infuriate other players. I am fit and in good shape, so I am looking forward to the Adria Tour, which I am organising."

Djokovic will be fine and will probably continue where he left off once the tour resumes.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Even if Novak ends up with more grand slam titles than Rafa and Roger, people will remember more Rafa and Roger because they more special than him.

·
Registered
734 Posts
His body type should last longer, however his game may reduce his ability to to last as long. In addition, I think that he may want to form a cult with his pre-primary school disciplines, so he may not last long.

Nadal can only wish he can last that long.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
His body type should last longer, however his game may reduce his ability to to last as long. In addition, I think that he may want to form a cult with his pre-primary school disciplines, so he may not last long.

Nadal can play till 38 easily, e.g. clay court season + slams.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

I don't understand your comment. Djokovic's serve is a true weapon now, and his second shot is much better, too. Djokovic is dominant in the 0-5 shot rallies (not the extended rallies like in the past).

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Even if Novak ends up with more grand slam titles than Rafa and Roger, people will remember more Rafa and Roger because they more special than him.
That’s a rather subjective opinion but what else would u expect from insecure Fedalbots who r still clinging to their media darlings’ dwindling monopoly. Trust me, whatever the records show, I would bet my home that Novak will end w/ the most HC majors of all time & if he achieves only one more WB, he will put himself in the top 3 Grass GOAT argument so it’s all good whatever he ends with whether 19 or more, it will b etched in the record books undeniable even for haters.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't understand your comment. Djokovic's serve is a true weapon now, and his second shot is much better, too. Djokovic is dominant in the 0-5 shot rallies (not the extended rallies like in the past).
He grinds his way during earlier rounds of tournaments to lower ranked players, instead of vanguising them sooner. I am not sure if this is part of his game plan to get rid of his frustrations and also helps him prepare for finals. It should take a toll on his body in the long run.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
He grinds his way during earlier rounds of tournaments to lower ranked players, instead of vanguising them sooner. I am not sure if this is part of his game plan to get rid of his frustrations and also helps him prepare for finals. It should take a toll on his body in the long run.
At the 2019 AO, he lost two sets the entire tournament. At the 2020 AO, he lost 1 set prior to the final.

At the 2018 US Open, he lost two sets the entire tournament.

At the 2019 Wimbledon, he lost two sets prior to the final.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts