Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, Cilic vs Nishikori? After years of Big 2 + Djokovic/Murray dominance who saw that coming?

..and then Cilic won it, becoming the second Croatian player to win a Grand Slam after Ivanisevic? Who ever saw Cilic winning a slam besides some of the more hopeful Croatian posters here? Simply stunning.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
It was fantastic. After the first SF Fedtards were ready for 18 GS, but later... Cilic saved tennis. :bigclap:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since when did Murray ever dominate? He should never be mentioned in the same sentence as the other 3.
I'm more referring to him being a consistent presence in slam finals.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Yes.
Kei should have won this title....
i think his way to the final beating raonic and Stan in 5 long sets and then beating Novak was more impressive than Cilic way and it would have been amazing if he would have won the title at the end.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I mean, Cilic vs Nishikori? After years of Big 2 + Djokovic/Murray dominance who saw that coming?

..and then Cilic won it, becoming the second Croatian player to win a Grand Slam after Ivanisevic? Who ever saw Cilic winning a slam besides some of the more hopeful Croatian posters here? Simply stunning.
Who Saw Wawrinka winning 2 slams at 30. When he has just 10 titles to his name. These things happen. It's going to happen again and again. With at least one none big 4 player in the final of slams. Now that Federer has turned 34 today. Nadal is below his best. And Murray lacks consistency. This is where Djokovic gets his 6 additional slams from over the next 13 slams.

A player can get hot for two weeks like CILIC did at any time. Then go back to their losing ways.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Cilic's dismantling of Fed was more than impressive. :worship: I knew he was gonna own Nishikori in the final after seeing the semis.

·
The special one
14,810 Posts
I was more stunned with the semi final, everyone on here thought it would be djoko fed final, djokotards and fedtards were in ruins on here it was a beautiful sight

·
6,749 Posts
Shocking Saturday as the commentators described it - after the Semi-finals.
Djoker was lacklustre, while Cilic just hit Federer off the court.
But yes, I was stunned.
The Final was a fizzer, but I expected a goating Cilic would be too powerful for Kei.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Is there any slam final nobody is stunned about? :haha:

·
6,749 Posts
The result of the match was not shocking to me at all, in fact it was basically in line with my predictions. The fact that a Nishikori vs. Cilic final happened was indeed a surprise to everyone (even the fabled nole_no1 prediction never said anything about Nishikori being there as well).
Nishikori being there was a complete surprise, and only due to the fact that Djoker was underdone and underprepared + a very hot and humid day, did this eventuate.
Djoker has owned Kei ever since, so there will be no encore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.