Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which matchup would offer the most exciting and competition?

• Hewitt vs Roddick

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Hewitt vs Sampras

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Hewitt vs Schalken

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Hewitt vs Gonzalez

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Agassi vs Roddick

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Agassi vs Sampras

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Agassi vs Schalken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agassi vs Gonzalez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I really just think that this match up will give us the most exciting match and the most competitive one.

Both guys can be very pumped up during play, and I'd love to see them battle it out for the title.

I'd love to see Fernando win the lot, but.........I dont think this is his break through tournament.

Anyone agree with me, or do you think there's a better match up for the final?

Simon V

·
Registered
472 Posts
Anything but Roddick/Hewitt - the two most annoying players on the tour. I'd rather have my teeth pulled out than watch that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rebecca said:
Call me boring, but Agassi vs Sampras would be great :eek:
Hi Becca :wavey:
You are so boring :p
But seriously, Agassi vs Sampras is my second choice if Andy and Lleyton dont make it.
To be honest, this may be the last time we get to see Andre play Pete in a final, so maybe for sentimental reason, that final might be the one two see.
I really just want a competitive final either way, but the way finals have gone recently, Gonzalez will pay Agassi, and Andre will win 6-2 6-3 6-1 :p

Go Competitive Final !!!! :)

Simon V

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
I picked Hewitt v. Roddick

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Sampras vs Agassi :)
With Sampras wins the title :)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
I chose Hewitt & Gonzalez. I want to avenge Juan Carlos's loss :mad:, but also I thought it'd be really interesting. Both hit the ball so hard; I just don't want it to be a blowout final, whoever it is.

And please for the love of all that's good, NOT Agassi/Sampras!!

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I went for Hewitt/Schalken, in part for the sake of variety :p and in part because I at least like both players. :) Besides, Schalken has given Hewitt some problems before and this could be an interesting match. It's not gonna happen though. :(

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i want to see Gonzalez in the finals and i don't care who he beats on the other side.

Agassi-Sampras is a snore fest...and Dickhead-Potato would be thoroughly unenjoyable for me...

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Agassi-Sampras. The best rivalry of the 90's by far. They always lift their games for each other and the contrasting styles of play only make for exciting tennis. This is the one final i'm really really hoping for.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
The reason I would love to see Pete and Andre, is that if they both reached the final - realistically it would be like the perfect final installment to their rivalry :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Andy with anyone, cos Andy's gonna win BABE! Yeah.. but with Hewitt would be great... Andy's in revenge at the moment and I know he's determined to show everyone that he's so much better than Hewitt... hehe... no,but Andy with anyone... seriously, that'd be great...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts