• Yes

• Yes, but without crowd

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
|
14,942 Posts
Definitely.
French Tennis Federation (FFT) director general Jean-Francois Vilotte commented, "We are on a 13-hectare site which allows the flow of spectators to be organised very differently from football stadiums." Organizers said that some of the measures being considered include distribution of "gel and mask kits" and "cancellation of tickets for holders from affected areas" in order to "minimize the risk of contagion".
And I think they should play it this month :)

·
|
14,942 Posts
I think the Roland Garros organizers want Rafa to tie the 20 slam record at their event, and that may be why they won't even consider cancelling....

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting to see who is better playin without crowd))) I think it's nice for Nadal and may be Zverev...

But it's awful for Med, Djoka, Monf, Fog, Tsi and Thiem!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Interesting to see who is better playin without crowd))) I think it's nice for Nadal and may be Zverev...

But it's awful for Med, Djoka, Monf, Fog, Tsi and Thiem!
how do you know it would be better for some players and not for others ? Nobody knows yet as it never happened before. It would be a new situation for everyone and it could cause some surprises...

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
A nice omen for the inauguration of the new stadium – empty seats. :eek:

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
I can't believe this is OP's first thread with a grammatically correct title

Reactions: Motoflou

·
Registered
476 Posts
Of course it will be. Once flu season is over, all the unnecessary hysteria of the virus will be forgotten about.

I lived in Toronto during SARS and for one month there was total panic. A month later, everybody forgot about it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the Roland Garros organizers want Rafa to tie the 20 slam record at their event, and that may be why they won't even consider cancelling....
It is being suggested if FO is cancelled they may award the title to Nadal on the basis of his u paralleled dominance there.

Nadal must be loving all this. He gets a much needed break while Djokovic and Thiem lose rhythm. Thiem especially needs loads of matches.

Watch Federer fans claim this season doesnt count due to the virus. Remember they have hung their hats on Mono for over a decade!!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Of course it will be. Once flu season is over, all the unnecessary hysteria of the virus will be forgotten about.

I lived in Toronto during SARS and for one month there was total panic. A month later, everybody forgot about it.
SARS had 8'000 detected cases worldwide. For COVID-19 we are now at about 120'000 and exponentially growing in many countries. There are currently no indications that this will be over in 1 month from now.

·
|
14,942 Posts
Coronavirus is a non-factor in tennis, because all you have to do is ban the crowds.
Indian Wells is greedy and refused to play a tournament without the big money coming in.
But we know Spain won't be cancelling anything, so I'd be very surprised if France cancels....
STARNBERG, March 10, 2020

In accordance with the preventive measures adopted by the Government of Spain in view of the situation generated by the expansion of the Covid-19 coronavirus, the Ministry of Culture and Sports has urged the Spanish Sports Federations to hold all competitions and sporting events behind closed doors, both professionals as non-professionals.

According to this notification, the Royal Spanish Tennis Federation (RFET) asks the clubs and organizers, that all tennis tournaments planned in the next dates be played without a public until further notice, with the aim of prioritizing health and safety of all participants.

There are three ATP Challengers (Marbella, Murcia, Alicante) and four ITF World Tennis Tour events scheduled in Spain before the end of April as well as the ATP 500 Barcelona Open

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
It is being suggested if FO is cancelled they may award the title to Nadal on the basis of his u paralleled dominance there.

Nadal must be loving all this. He gets a much needed break while Djokovic and Thiem lose rhythm. Thiem especially needs loads of matches.

Watch Federer fans claim this season doesnt count due to the virus. Remember they have hung their hats on Mono for over a decade!!
Bullshit It will just be void if it is not played . They won’t just give him the slam . Sorry but that suggestion is silly .

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yes, I believe that it will be played. Why? Because the latest rumor is that it will be moved to Gilligan's Island.

Why would they do something like that? Well, the logic is that there's no way such a virus would ever survive a three-hour tour. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bullshit It will just be void if it is not played . They won’t just give him the slam . Sorry but that suggestion is silly .
An irrelevant discussion now. French Open have said event goes ahead and fans will be present.

The hysteria over what is effectively a flu virus is ridiculous. As the weather improves that virus will disappear.

All that has happened is Indian Wells has reduced its status for the most appalling knee jerk reaction of all time.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts