Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be honest and admit that I'm not that interested in tennis right now that Fed's injured. Am I alone on this?

Maybe my interest will pickup if any of the younger players starts doing really well

·
Premium Member
21,604 Posts
It's not like the spring is the best time for Federer anyway, even if healthy, he'd be skipping most of tournaments till grass.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Less interested of course. Fed adds glamour to every event he plays in.

Dubai and Acapulco were exceptionally dull tournaments this year.

Hopefully Dominic or one of the youngsters can bring some excitement to Indian Wells, because the top 2 aren't able to do it on their own.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Obviously slightly less interested as he’s a big part of the sport but still excited for sunshine double and Dubai was still quite interesting, can’t say the same for Acapulco though in my opinion

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
as in the tards won't be that loud anymore? that's a good thing in my book at least.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Love or hate the discipline and not the player. I will be sad when Fed retires (I will say the same about Nadal and Djokovic), but life goes on. I can't wait for IW to start, with or without Federer.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
less interested of course, though i still follow the results for each event

·
Registered
8,126 Posts
Less interested of course. Fed adds glamour to every event he plays in.

Dubai and Acapulco were exceptionally dull tournaments this year.

Hopefully Dominic or one of the youngsters can bring some excitement to Indian Wells, because the top 2 aren't able to do it on their own.
Dubai was just as dull last year with Fed playing there instead of Djokovic. Acapulco was much better last year but that was about Thug and not Fed ofc.

·
Your visions will happen
51,352 Posts
I am a fan of the tennis, not any particular player

Of course I want to see everyone healthy and playing well and having a very high level. But if someone is hurt and cannot play, that means that others can rise up and that is exciting in itself. If you are a fan of the game of course and not just a gloryhunting tardy fanboy/girl

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Dubai was just as dull last year with Fed playing there instead of Djokovic. Acapulco was much better last year but that was about Thug and not Fed ofc.
Not true actually. Both Fed and Tsitsipas were involved in very entertaining games before the final.

This year, there was only one good match, and that was all down to Monfils.

I mean, Novak was efficient, don't get me wrong, but it was a boring tournament.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts