Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was very visible as a Tennis Channel analyst and a very good one too. He has done the time, would not mind to see and hear him back as long as he keeps out of trouble. He has a clear love of the sport and understanding of the game at the highest level and knows all the players. Might deserve a second chance.

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
completely forgot about him

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Someone who calls his opponent "faggot" and then attempts to grab their throat? No thank you.
Someone whose wife had to file for a restraining order against? No thank you.

There is no redeeming quality to Justin Gimelstob. He is the epitome of someone who used their connections and positions of authority to obscure the fact that he is a Class A douche.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
If you commit a crime and serve the time, then no reason why you couldnt appear on tv as an analyst again. However, there is something kinda weird about listening to someone who is on probation for being violent to their spouse talk about tennis. Lets say Kyrgios starts screaming at an umpire, and then we have someone who was very violent towards his husband possibly being morally indignant about it. Its maybe because beating or ****** your wife (or husband) is something that in many parts of the world still is legal or was made illegal very recently. In my homecountry martial **** was outlawed just one year before I was born, meaning I could be the product of leagal **** theoretically (yikes). In cases like this where society just recently has accepted something as widely moral it feels sort of different to other things. It could also be that I am just generally disgusted by violence and that it is that that makes me uneasy about listening to someone convicted for a violent crime.

Also, correct me if Im wrong, wasnt there controversy about him not resigning from his post at the atp council while his case was ongoing. Some suggestions about him using his influence in an unbecoming way. There is almost always a possibility for forgiveness for morally despicable acts if you truly repent and pay the price. I have no idea if he has. I feel that a reasonable by product of a violent crime is to not have a cushy tennis analyst job at least for a while. But then again whose to say how long is the right amount of time to repent.

Over all I am saddened by the Gimblestomb saga. Gay atheltes are very rare, even rarer gay tennis players with a two handed forehand. Oh well, things could be worse for Justin, at least he isnt Gottfried von Cramm. He wasnt convicted for his sexuality and didnt have to serve on the eastern front (google him)

In conclusion. Justin Gimblestob is a land of contrasts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kobe Bryant was a rapist. He turned his life and image around. So too can Gimelstob.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you commit a crime and serve the time, then no reason why you couldnt appear on tv as an analyst again. However, there is something kinda weird about listening to someone who is on probation for being violent to their spouse talk about tennis. Lets say Kyrgios starts screaming at an umpire, and then we have someone who was very violent towards his husband possibly being morally indignant about it. Its maybe because beating or ** your wife (or husband) is something that in many parts of the world still is legal or was made illegal very recently. In my homecountry martial ** was outlawed just one year before I was born, meaning I could be the product of leagal ** theoretically (yikes). In cases like this where society just recently has accepted something as widely moral it feels sort of different to other things. It could also be that I am just generally disgusted by violence and that it is that that makes me uneasy about listening to someone convicted for a violent crime.

Also, correct me if Im wrong, wasnt there controversy about him not resigning from his post at the atp council while his case was ongoing. Some suggestions about him using his influence in an unbecoming way. There is almost always a possibility for forgiveness for morally despicable acts if you truly repent and pay the price. I have no idea if he has. I feel that a reasonable by product of a violent crime is to not have a cushy tennis analyst job at least for a while. But then again whose to say how long is the right amount of time to repent.

Over all I am saddened by the Gimblestomb saga. Gay atheltes are very rare, even rarer gay tennis players with a two handed forehand. Oh well, things could be worse for Justin, at least he isnt Gottfried von Cramm. He wasnt convicted for his sexuality and didnt have to serve on the eastern front (google him)

In conclusion. Justin Gimblestob is a land of contrasts
Well said. I'll give it to you. You deserve my applause!

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
Kobe Bryant was a rapist. He turned his life and image around. So too can Gimelstob.
No he wasn't. Idiot.

Why would you assume Gimelstob becomes a good person?

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Forget about trying to coddle bullying maniacs.

Everyone should try to emulate RAFA.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
388 Posts
He assaulted someone causing them major bodily harm and also secretly taped his ex-wife having sex with a new partner and then showing that video to his son. Is this your king?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts