Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
I want to see Felix win it. If he does and beat for instance:

Murray, Thiem, Medvedev, Zverev all in a row, there will be no cringe, only anointment of the next slam champ

·
Registered
66 Posts
Undeserved? Stop with the BS. Medvedev came back from 2 sets down against Rafa last year in the final no less. Zverev may be a inconsistent in the slams but he has won the ATP Finals and 3 Masters series events. Gaudio and Johansson have won slams.

People only look down on young players 'because they aren't worthy'. Medvedev deserves a slam more than Berdych. Try to prove otherwise.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Undeserved? Stop with the BS. Medvedev came back from 2 sets down against Rafa last year in the final no less. Zverev may be a inconsistent in the slams but he has won the ATP Finals and 3 Masters series events. Gaudio and Johansson have won slams.

People only look down on young players 'because they aren't worthy'. Medvedev deserves a slam more than Berdych. Try to prove otherwise.
We‘ll see about Medvedev. He’s been shit at the ATP finals no the AO and he’s yet to play anyone barely serious this tournament so far.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
They’ve been getting there, 2 consecutive slams where they were 1 set away from the title. Definitely an anticlimactic way for it to happen, but IMO they deserve it by now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We‘ll see about Medvedev. He’s been shit at the ATP finals no the AO and he’s yet to play anyone barely serious this tournament so far.
You could argue Daniil isn't playing too well. Still though, I still consider him to be a worthy slam winner. Same with Zverev and especially Thiem.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Whoever wins, deserves it.

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
at least the haters of djokovic will stop suggesting adding an asterisk to the title
It's not like Djokovic's default has made this Slam more legit to be honest

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
at least the haters of djokovic will stop suggesting adding an asterisk to the title
It will be asterisked, whatever way you look at it, unless the person who wins it then wins several more.

I'm really hoping it's somebody very young, and not one of these losers who have been thrashed by the big 3 for years.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Whoever takes it from here deserves it. They won’t care one bit about some clowns on MTF who want to try and asterisk it
I'm really not sure the winner won't care. Once the euphoria has worn off, wouldn't there be a slight hollowness knowing that none of the big 3 could play due to acts of god?

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
I'm really not sure the winner won't care. Once the euphoria has worn off, wouldn't there be a slight hollowness knowing that none of the big 3 could play due to acts of god?
Federer is 39 years old and can’t go on forever
Nadal is a part time player these days
Djokovic let his emotions get the better of him and is deservedly out

I see no problems.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
So you're telling me it's somehow cringeworthy that it only took big Novak being defaulted, RAFA/Wawrinka not playing due to Covid and Andrew at 10% fitness for someone new to win?

·
Registered
136 Posts
It does have an asterisk title feel to it.

No Federer, no Nadal, Djokovic taken out of the equation, a Murray well past his best, no Wawrinka even

over 60 slams right there, nearly 100 slam finals, just not the same.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Perhaps, but the winner still has to cope with the pressure win 3/4 matches from here, it’s not like he was gifted the title with a walkover in the final or something.

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Glad there's finally gonna be a changing of the guard. Admittedly, not the best way for it to come about, but I think breaking the seal might have an avalanche effect tbh.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts