Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the semifinals of the Campbell's Hall of Fame Rhode Island event and Courier mentioned Martin was playing Sampras today (15th). Is there any tv coverage or anything for this? I haven't seen any threads about this yet.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
There was a news article earlier this week that said Sampras was playing Justin. I doubt there will be any coverage of that exo, its a fairly small event.

www.thekennedyfundinginvitational.com

·
Registered
373 Posts
I watched the semifinals of the Campbell's Hall of Fame Rhode Island event and Courier mentioned Martin was playing Sampras today (15th). Is there any tv coverage or anything for this? I haven't seen any threads about this yet.
It would be something to watch. I hope there will also be a tennis exhibition between Sampras and Fed in the future. It has been quite a long time (2001 or 2002?) since we last saw them play.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Pete and Fed are doing an exo this November in Asia. I think there was a thread here when it was announced.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be something to watch. I hope there will also be a tennis exhibition between Sampras and Fed in the future. It has been quite a long time (2001 or 2002?) since we last saw them play.
I heard Bud Collins mention that Sampras played singles today and played well, but he didn't say who won and they didn't show any clips.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
I heard that and I'm now wondering if Pete is playing two matches today, one in Newport and then one at this Cancer benefit thingy (very possible considering the distance and the time of the events). I'll see if I can track down a result somewhere. :)

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Sampras won 7-5 according to an AP photo caption

Todd Martin, left, congratulates Pete Sampras after Sampras won their exhibition match during the Hall of Fame Classic Sunday, July 15, 2007 in Newport, R.I. Sampras, who beat Martin 7-5, was inducted in to the International Tennis Hall of Fame Saturday. (AP Photo/Kevin Martin)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts