·
Registered
2,511 Posts
No.

Reactions: Yipee2009

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Nadal has at least 2-3 more slams in him, and Djokovic 4-5. If Fed doesnt win at least 2 more slams, then would say almost no chance, bcs there is not 1, but 2 players who can surpass him

Better question is will 1 player surpass him or 2

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Of course it's possible. He's still in pole position.

Rafa and Novak fans are arrogantly assuming that they will continue to win slams until well into their thirties, but the signs of decline are apparent in both players.

If the competition at the top of the tour reaches a reasonably high level over the next year or two, such that players have to go through tough QFs, SFs and Fs, then it's curtains for all of the Big 3.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If the competition at the top of the tour reaches a reasonably high level over the next year or two, such that players have to go through tough QFs, SFs and Fs, then it's curtains for all of the Big 3.
Frankly, I'm tired of the Big 3, and have been for some time. The original NextGen guys are really exciting. I can't wait for them to take over.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,668 Posts
Big Roger has the final say

every match on his racquet

still moving like a mid 20's player except when stretched

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Well, it's not crazy if Thiem beats Nadal at RG and Nadal doesn't win outside that slam. Even if Nadal wins this year the 13th there, he can never win again and they end up tied. Or Nadal wins one more but Federer does as well (I don't think he will win a slam again, but I wouldn't bet my life on it). And Djokovic can win three more slams and he still wouldn't surpass Federer. So it's not crazy at all. I think there won't be one player with the record, it will be shared by two players and maybe even the three of them.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Federer is shell-shocked, just like Sampras was, at the thought of 'after all this I end up 3rd or 4th on the list. You've got to be kidding me'.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
When Sampras retired nobody was even close, in fact, Federer was just winning his first slam and Nadal and Djokovic weren't around. When Federer got the record Nadal was already a beast and he knew he would challenge him (of course nobody thought Djokovic would end up being what he is, but it only takes one player to take the record).

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Has MTF already forgotten 40-15? And him leading Djokovic 4-1 40-0 this AO while not being well? He can win slams still. Of course there's also a high chance (I'd say 50% or about) of a new winner this year and when the last bastion of Big 3 domination comes down, so will their aura and an avalanche of new winners will come.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Has MTF already forgotten 40-15? And him leading Djokovic 4-1 40-0 this AO while not being well? He can win slams still. Of course there's also a high chance (I'd say 50% or about) of a new winner this year and when the last bastion of Big 3 domination comes down, so will their aura and an avalanche of new winners will come.
Hahaha lol

Federinas fell down insanely deep if they draw their optimism from 4-1 in a set in bo5.

Glorious :D

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Possibility? In fact, Olderer ended up with most slams for 11 years from RG'09 to RG'20, although he was the joint holder of the record at the time of RG'09 with Sampras and is going to be the joint holder of the record at the time of RG'20 with Rafa.

11 years. That's more than enough number of years, Fedtards. Don't be greedy. How much more and how many more do you want?

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
but...if he could win a slam or two, it'd be completely different story

·
Registered
886 Posts
Of course. If Thiem wins the French and Federer wins Wimbledon, suddenly things look very different.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts