Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2015, Murray has made the SF of at least all 3 slams . As soon as the result SF of Wimbledon(Federer in 3) showed on my livescore, I quit watching this sport for the last month.

I feel cheated and robbed, like i was just hit with a sucker punch. I mean why? Why does Olderer always raise his level against Murray but then bend over to the likes of Seppi and Wawrinka? Why does Djokovic go 1-2 to Nadal in US Open finals, 1-2 against Stan in the last 3 encounters at GS level, but always peak against Murphy? You can see it on Novak's face in this match, it all changes when he plays Murray.

2015 have been absolutely painful and brutal for Murray and his fans. His losses are pretty much solely due to eventual champs. After all of his years and service to tennis, I feel that he should have caught a break in the last couple of years.

I'm just waiting for "Tennis to stop being dead".

Has Murray been extremely unlucky in his 2015 grand slam campaigns? I think so. He should have at least 1-2 grand slams.

Why does Novak always raise his level when he plays Murphy? I mean Murphy plays his best and most consistent season and he still can't win a slam? For god sakes he has even become an excellent clay-court player and all around player.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Not a fan but I think he overachieved.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Yes, it's been annoying.

The Australian Open final still pisses me off. It was on his racket before the implosion.

If it was not for Djokovic, Murray would be having a quite wonderful year.

I agree completely with the OP regarding Wimbledon. That still hurts, especially considering how bad Federer was in the final.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yes, it's been annoying.

The Australian Open final still pisses me off. It was on his racket before the implosion.

You could say that about a lot of players on the tour, imagine how good Federer's 2014 would have been if not for Djokovic.

Murray's unlucky to be of almost the same age as Djokovic and to always have been competing in the strongest era of tennis to date (by some reckonings). As a Murray fan I could not be happier with this season, besides his two February losses he has not had any stupid upsets, he has played consistently and could well get to number 2 pretty soon. Yes, maybe in a weak era Murray could have a got to number 1, but as it is we should thank our lucky stars that he has recovered so well after surgery, and is having a really great season.

Reactions: RuRo

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Don't know if I've quite gotten over Wimbledon yet tbh. Yes Murray's form wasn't that great all tournament, but I at least wanted him to get another crack against Djokovic on grass, at home, since it's probably the only conceivable scenario where he stands a chance against him these days.

The fact that the defeat came at the hands of a freak botting display from my least favourite player doesn't exactly help either.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Don't know if I've quite gotten over Wimbledon yet tbh. Yes Murray's form wasn't that great all tournament, but I at least wanted him to get another crack against Djokovic on grass, at home, since it's probably the only conceivable scenario where he stands a chance against him these days.

The fact that the defeat came at the hands of a freak botting display from my least favourite player doesn't exactly help either.
1. Wawrinka

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
He's done very well to get back to a decent level after surgery.

The frustration would probably be more about him being cut down by injury at his peak. from Mid-2012 he made 4 slam finals in a row, winning 2 of em (missed the French due to the back). Then the back just gets worse and worse, and it's essentially 18 months before he's back where he was in 2012. What could he have won but for that? Another slam seems very likely, even 2.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Not a fan but I think he overachieved.
Incorrect. The only reason he didn't dominate the start of the season is Djokovic. He would have won Wimbledon too if JesusFed didn't turn back the clock to 2006.

To answer the thread though: no, not at all. Andy has had a great year and is finally back to top 3 level. I look forward to the second part of the year where he can gain A LOT of points and he's always one of the favourites for every tournament he enters. The only bad part of the year was Rotterdam/Dubai where he had two horrible losses to players he should never lose to.

·
Administrator
6,161 Posts
Your favourite getting to finals and semifinals without winning the title is always going to be somewhat frustrating, and facing Djokovic several times without winning gets wearisome (especially when Miami was there for the taking, and he had a fair shot at AO too). But you only have to look back at threads on this forum during 2014 or even at the start of this year to remind yourself what the expectations were back then and how much of an improvement it is to be griping over things like missed grand slam finals, only winning one M1000 and not being #2 in the rankings yet.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Yes, it's been annoying.

I agree completely with the OP regarding Wimbledon. That still hurts, especially considering how bad Federer was in the final.
:spit: Murraytards wouldn't give Novak credit if he beat Andy 30 times in a row, let alone 8.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Why does Novak always raise his level when he plays Murphy? I mean Murphy plays his best and most consistent season and he still can't win a slam? For god sakes he has even become an excellent clay-court player and all around player.
Djokovic doesn't always raise his level when he plays Murray - he's just the better player.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Nah, it was a privilege to witness the apotheosis of the mortal Murray into the clay court God Clayray (praise his name).

Disappointed with the Wimbledon result but it took a vintage Federer performance (probably his best match in a few years) to stop him. I think Murray would have beaten Djokovic in the final (settle down Djokotards, Fed was crap in the final), he did take him to five sets on clay after all.

It is also nice that he has decided to actually turn up for the masters for the first time since 2011 as well. If he wins the US Open or the Davis cup it'll have been a great season.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
:spit: Murraytards wouldn't give Novak credit if he beat Andy 30 times in a row, let alone 8.
Djokovic gets credit from plenty of us. He isn't #1 and winning most major tournaments for no reason. But Roger played disappointingly bad compared to his semi-final in that Wimbledon final. Both Andy and Roger played better in that semi-final than anybody did in any other round of the tournament, including Djokovic. Also, most of Andy's losses are due to him playing badly or running out of gas. Their RG match was actually a decent battle though and that was their last match.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Compared to the semi, Federer was absolutely rank in the final. He appeared to age about ten years between the Friday and the Sunday.

Djokovic played well in the final and fully deserved it, but it would have been better for everybody if he had faced Murray instead.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Compared to the semi, Federer was absolutely rank in the final. He appeared to age about ten years between the Friday and the Sunday.

Djokovic played well in the final and fully deserved it, but it would have been better for everybody if he had faced Murray instead.
Yep. Federer pretty much just acts as something of a slam spoiler these days; RG'11 for example.

I think most Djokovic fans would have been happier if he had beaten Murray to claim the title. They would have been able to get over the 'Grass H2H' debate :lol:.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Well 2015 is still salvageable if he can somehow win the US Open and Davis Cup.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
You could say that about a lot of players on the tour, imagine how good Federer's 2014 would have been if not for Djokovic.

Murray's unlucky to be of almost the same age as Djokovic and to always have been competing in the strongest era of tennis to date (by some reckonings). As a Murray fan I could not be happier with this season, besides his two February losses he has not had any stupid upsets, he has played consistently and could well get to number 2 pretty soon. Yes, maybe in a weak era Murray could have a got to number 1, but as it is we should thank our lucky stars that he has recovered so well after surgery, and is having a really great season.
I can't give you any more reps so I'll just quote your post and say, I agree completely.

·
Registered
893 Posts
He is having a good season, even without a slam...

1 - 20 of 134 Posts