Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 410 Posts

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2014-2015, Federer has gone 0-2 against Djokovic in Wimbledon finals. As soon as the result (Djokovic in 4) showed on my screen, I quit watching this sport. In fact, I shouldn't even be posting on MTF now. Since a few of you guys PMed me asking my opinion of the result, I may as well say it here:

Well... I feel cheated, I feel robbed, and I feel taken advantage of. Federer got screwed over so much in the last 2 calendar years and I feel so frustrated that he has not won a single slam that I will never get over this one. I mean why? Why has Novak Djokovic gone down 1-2 to Nadal in US Open finals, 1-2 against Stan in the last 3 encounters at GS level, losing a pathetic match to Murray in W'13, USO'12, and then go 2-0 against Roger at Wimbledon? :eek:

You can see it on Novak's face in this match, and it is nothing like USO'12, W'13, USO'13. In the latter trio, Novak didn't even look like he cared one bit. It all changes when he plays Federer in finals. He never misses a shot, he returns Roger's serve better than Nadal and Murray COMBINED. It's like Novak wants to rub salt in the wounds of an aging Federer.

In saying that, this result wasn't completely in Novak's hands. If Federer was younger and his consistency was like old times, he would play about +-10% of his SF level in the final. In my opinion, if you're not a Novak fan, then the only emotion to draw from this result is sadness. Basically, Federer is old and fairytales don't really exist in tennis so he loses. This is sadly a sport where the first 5 minutes of a match are mostly a heavy indicator of who will win. It was obvious early on that Roger simply failed to bring his SF level in the final and he was a sitting duck. :sad:

The fact that Novak played poorly leading up to the finals is an insult to me. This is where Federer could have benefited from playing in a stronger era, ie deeper field of competition in 2014-2015. Novak was absolutely there for the taking but Kevin couldn't accept his gift. If he did, then Roger would have 18. In 2 of Roger's heavy chances to win a GS, he faced the only opponent who could beat him. In his heavy chances to win the USO, he faced an opponent who played way above his standard level, and he could never reach that level ever again.

2014 and 2015 have been absolutely painful and brutal for Roger and his fans. His losses are pretty much solely due to eventual champs, red-hot opponents coming out of nowhere to beat him, and Nadal playing one of his last good matches. Even in 2014 RG, he lost to Gulbis who has hardly won matches since. It's like they come out from non-existence to put a beat on Roger, and then disappear back into non-existence - and I'm just sick of it really. After all of his years and service to tennis, I feel that he should have caught a break in the last couple of years.

The sport is really boring, and like a Fed fan on MTF said: "Waiting for this sport to stop being dead".

Anyway, the question/discussion point: Has Federer been unlucky in his post-2014 grand slam campaigns? I think so.

Does Novak play Roger much harder than Nadal or Murray? Absolutely.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Djokovc has beaten Nadal 17 times out of the last 26 encounters. Federer and Djokovic has been pretty even in their match-ups through the years, but Djokovic prevails in the bigger matches. Best of 5, he can take advantage of his fitness level while fed is 34, but also it is pretty obvious that Djokovic is a better player and has been for many years. Maybe that is the answer you are seeking for?

Federer is no god, the guy is soon 34 and still making W finals. I don't know what you expect more. Playing Djokovic is different from playing Murray, as he is a far better player. Reason that fed has been losing to Novak is because he has been beaten by a better player.

·
Registered
12,675 Posts
Yes, I feel sad for Fed, Slade. All those players that beat him and disapear after this. The same cannot be said about the players that beat Rafa. Look at Dustin(Rosol etc...), after he beat Rafa he went on to win Wimbledon...

When Federer was beating mugs to win his GSs probably the sport wasnt dead for you ....

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
LivoG is 100% right federer is simply not as good as his deluded fans think he is ...he was GOAT at his peak but now he s far from that ...just deal with it and move on

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I feel sad about the fairytales not coming true, but that had nothing to do with really being unlucky. He just wasn't good enough in those instances. That everybody tries so hard against him is just a compliment to his status; everyone sees him as one of the ultimate opponents to try to beat, and now that he has become more beatable people start believing in their chances as well.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pepita1964 will comfort you;)
That's fine - I don't really need comforting because I think tennis is bullshit, but just saying: Going down 1-2 to Nadal in USO finals, 0-1 to Murray in Wimbledon, and then.... 2-0 vs Roger in Wimbledon is repugnant and quite frankly disgusting. It's unacceptable.

Djokovc has beaten Nadal 17 times out of the last 26 encounters. Federer and Djokovic has been pretty even in their match-ups through the years, but Djokovic prevails in the bigger matches. Best of 5, he can take advantage of his fitness level while fed is 34, but also it is pretty obvious that Djokovic is a better player and has been for many years. Maybe that is the answer you are seeking for?

Federer is no god, the guy is soon 34 and still making W finals. I don't know what you expect more. Playing Djokovic is different from playing Murray, as he is a far better player. Reason that fed has been losing to Novak is because he has been beaten by a better player who is the man of tennis since 2011.
Not at all. Novak doesn't prevail in the big matches, but he's simply been allowed to do so, due to Fedal's decline. What some Novak fans fail to acknowledge is that both Roger and Nadal have been heavily declined players post-2014. Saying that Novak prevails in the "big ones" is just a manufactured narrative based on results, but not wider facts. Federer was awful in both Wimbledon 2014, and 2015 campaigns. 2015 was more deplorable because he showed championship form in the semis, and simply wasn't allowed to bring that level in the final due to age and inconsistency problems.

I actually disagree that Novak is a far better player than Andy at Wimbledon because once again you are just manufacturing a narrative based on results. The way Andy played was spectacular, and I rarely see him hitting that well, ever. If that Andy made the final, he would probably beat Novak in 4 sets. If you flipped Novak and Andy in their draws, the outcome of Wimbledon would be switched from Novak to Andy, assuming Roger's drastic fall in level from SF to F.

Yes Novak was the man in 2011, but he had very limited success in 2012-2014, which are all seasons in Novak's physical prime. Novak simply peaked in 2011, and had similar levels of success in 2015 because of an extremely weak field, headlined by a 34 year old man who peaked over 11 years ago.

Finals are nice, but hey - if you're a finalist, you're still a loser. #1 is the only result that matters. Wins.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Yes, he could've taken advantage of the opportunities more. I don't really feel the pain much though. USO 2011 hit me a lot harder. He's 33 and I don't expect too much. When someone's 33 they are going to get beaten by players they should beat more than often. It's just enjoyable to see him still playing. The only thing that annoys me are deluded Djokvoic tards that seem to think that Federer peaked in 2011-2012 and have no idea of how dominant he was in the passed :rolleyes:

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I feel sad for Fed, Slade. All those players that beat him and disapear after this. The same cannot be said about the players that beat Rafa. Look at Dustin(Rosol etc...), after he beat Rafa he went on to win Wimbledon...

When Federer was beating mugs to win his GSs probably the sport wasnt dead for you ....
The only surprising/very impressive showing was Rosol. Kyrgios, Darcis, and Dustin Brown are all grass players. Rosol was playing at his peakest peak. The difference is that Djokovic simply plays Federer much harder than Nadal and Murray. I mean, did he even miss a shot in the final? 'course not.

LivoG is 100% right federer is simply not as good as his deluded fans think he is ...he was GOAT at his peak but now he s far from that ...just deal with it and move on
Federer is the GOAT - there is no delusion there. Current form and judging the SF of Wimbledon - Fed fans could only draw one conclusion. Of course he ended up failing to live up to his form in SF, or else the result would be different of course.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
OK, you are frustrated. What else? Djokovic was a better player on that day. Cry me a river. It's over.

Stan da man was a better player at RG. I wanted Novak to win. It didn't happen. I congratulated to Stan. Move on dude.

Fed is still playing well.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Anyway, the question/discussion point: Has Federer been unlucky in his post-2014 grand slam campaigns? I think so.

Does Novak play Roger much harder than Nadal or Murray? Absolutely.
Federer can always try to emulate Nadal by taking a seven months off, skipping AO'16 and RG'16 as Nadal skipped AO'13 and Wimb'13(Darcis), hoping for an easy Wimb'16 QF/SF (as Nadal' USO'13) and tired Djokovic or any other opponent in the final after a tough SF 5-setter.

Since Fedal is always in the opposite half from Djokovic at AO/USO/Wimb. and usually with a lot easier half than Djokovic, Federer would have a good chance if Nadal' slump continues, no.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I agree about one thing you said Slade - Novak does look as a person who has an agenda or enough confidence against Federer. As a Novak fan it makes me happy and worried, because in one hand I wish Novak could give him as much pain as Roger gave to young Novak, but on the other hand I worry if Nole can show such self confidence only against Fed in finals. What will he do with others ?

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, he could've taken advantage of the opportunities more. I don't really feel the pain much though. USO 2011 hit me a lot harder. He's 33 and I don't expect too much. When someone's 33 they are going to get beaten by players they should beat more than often. It's just enjoyable to see him still playing. The only thing that annoys me are deluded Djokvoic tards that seem to think that Federer peaked in 2011-2012 and have no idea of how dominant he was in the passed :rolleyes:
Those aren't Djokovic tards. They're Hypetards. I don't really care about those. There are always hypetards for whoever is dominating, and ignoring them is the correct solution as they will piss off anyway.

You dont deserve my answer because you are not a tennis fan, merely a depressed Fedtard. You dont deserve to watch this beautiful sport that provides much more than just Federer.
Don't care, and not planning on watching tennis again ever. If my livescore shows Fed in the semis of the USO, I'll sneak in a watch.

Yes, must be pretty damn frustrating to support a guy who won 17GS.
Well, it's not enough. Federer could have done better. I consider this defeat as one of the most devastating in his career. Of course he's still the greatest, but who cares? I want to see him win big trophies. I wanted to see him win Wimbledon because that would have been amazing.

Fed forum. This forum is for tennis.
MTF is a Fed forum, as Federer is tennis. You get out.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
This must continue, Im not Djokovic fan, but as a side with no sides I watched MTF carefully.
Watching Nadal being bashed left and right, mainly from Federer fans. And adding salt to wound agitating Djokovic fans against Nadal whom were always sympathetic with, by siding when Djokovic "The Joke" wins . And brainless Djokotards embraced much needed love with no thought to it, just to think of the reason, no. We all know it all to well, eh? Fear of dethroning Federer , Nadal was THIS CLOSE.
Now the sides are turned, and joke has gone to hell. This must continue, for the bitter sweet irony, for retribution and needed justice.
Even if , damage is real. MTF is poisoned from venomous federertards , big four has to go.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Fedtards shouldn't be upset. You need to understand that Federer is quite worse than Djokovic on the game. In this two finals all Federer chances appeared when Novak choked or couldn't cope with nerves but on the game Djoko dominated. Why Does Novak play better against Federer than against other opponents? Easily. Djokovic knows that he always controls baseline game against Federer, Serb just needs some good returns and passing shots to break Federer and mission completed. Against Nadal and Murray Djokovic often doesn't know how to beat this guys on the baseline and lose control. It is illusion that Federer was close to Djokovic in Wimbledon finals. Djokovic is just stronger. Runner-up is maximum for Federer. I understand that he wanted to retire on winning wave, but he had too sweet yours with Hewitt and Roddick in GS finals.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, you are frustrated. What else? Djokovic was a better player on that day. Cry me a river. It's over.

Stan da man was a better player at RG. I wanted Novak to win. It didn't happen. I congratulated to Stan. Move on dude.

Fed is still playing well.
To me, it's not over, and I will never get over this one. Most Federer fans took the defeat easier, but I think it's absolutely deplorable of Roger to go down 0-2 in Wimbledon finals in consecutive years. Disgraceful.

What a regarded thread. :spit:

Andy played "spectacular" in the SF? Spare me th dribble.
Once again - watch the match and stop the arrogant bragging. Andy was spectacular off the ground, at the net, defense... Just amazing. The way Andy played reminded me of Hewitt in the years long gone. Federer had an artificially one-sided scoreline because he clutched out the big games. Andy was pretty amazing and I think his fans should feel good about his loss, because Roger is not likely to repeat such a performance again.

I agree about one thing you said Slade - Novak does look as a person who has an agenda or enough confidence against Federer. As a Novak fan it makes me happy and worried, because in one hand I wish Novak could give him as much pain as Roger gave to young Novak, but on the other hand I worry if Nole can show such self confidence only against Fed in finals. What will he do with others ?
He will lose to others because beating other players than Roger simply doesn't carry the same prestige.

1 - 20 of 410 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.