Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Australian and don't like him at all. I would love to see Raonic beat him tonight, and if not then Fed or Stan on Friday. I have never, and never will, support someone just because they're Autpstralian. Me being a fan of Lleyton isn't because he is Australian. I don't understand why so many people support players just because they're from the same country as you, it's not like them winning benefits the country in some way.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am Australian and don't like him at all. I would love to see Raonic beat him tonight, and if not then Fed or Stan on Friday. I have never, and never will, support someone just because they're Autpstralian. Me being a fan of Lleyton isn't because he is Australian. I don't understand why so many people support players just because they're from the same country as you, it's not like them winning benefits the country in some way.
I don't support someone because of where they come from as shown by me not being a Tomic fan but I judge the player about how they play and I was impressed by how he played today and in the earlier matches have seen.

Even though I am on the bandwagon I would like to see him do more from the back of the court and improve his net play.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I don't support someone because of where they come from as shown by me not being a Tomic fan but I judge the player about how they play and I was impressed by how he played today and in the earlier matches have seen.

Even though I am on the bandwagon I would like to see him do more from the back of the court and improve his net play.
+1. Tomic is one of my least favourite players despite representing Australia. Kyrgios is far more likable, and is also in the process of displacing Tomic as our No. #1, which cannot come soon enough.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Great to see fans like you. I see an entire army from a country targeting Nadal.

Yes Raonic can win against kyrgios as well federer.
I believe Raonic is the man who can beat federer in his semis.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
90% of the general Australian public doesn't like Tomic soo... same as Hewitt when he was young had a lot of haters. Kyrgios is a likable character so he will get plenty of support naturally. Don't know why it's a problem.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
He seems like a decent kid knows respect I like him but I can see he's not everyone's cup of tea because some might come across him talking/acting/looking like a bit of a brat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1. For many countries, and I mean many, the success of a local player is very important for the development of the game as a whole. For example, in Bulgaria, it is highly important (for those who would like to have their favorite game get popular) to have a successful local player.

This brings attention to the sport, new facilities are built, kids go play tennis, and everyone benefits.

Looking at the "national" support from above, just because you associate it ONLY with nationalism, is a tiny little bit arrogant.

2. Although I am not a nationalist in this regard (more so in others), it is absolutely normal for humans to associate with people closer to them. Whether the association is on national level, the colour of the hair or something else, it doesn't matter.

This is human nature, and smart people accept it ;)

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
This hating is getting ridiculous, let compete who will be first to hate new good player , because bandwagoning is mainstream.

You need proper name for that Indie-tennis-hister-haters. Hating top players is too mainstream, instead hate the damn player, because he looks like a douchebag. Not prejudging ...

Sheeeet.. somepeople..

·
Registered
710 Posts
I support both Tomic and Kyrgios for their playing styles, although their attitudes are completely different. Of course them being Australian is also a factor of why I am their fans, if they become big, then tennis becomes more prominent and gain more publicity in Australia which is nice since its probably the only sport that I follow closely.

I mean, Hewitt had been a huge figure during the 2000's but I don't like his playing style. Nevertheless, his contribution to Australian tennis, mentoring other Aussie tennis players, carrying for Davis Cup are just some attributes that I admire - but that doesn't necessarily make me a fan.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This hating is getting ridiculous, let compete who will be first to hate new good player , because bandwagoning is mainstream.

You need proper name for that Indie-tennis-hister-haters. Hating top players is too mainstream, instead hate the damn player, because he looks like a douchebag. Not prejudging ...

Sheeeet.. somepeople..

I agree and will just add the oh-so-original "mug" prefix to 50% of the hate spit ;) :)secret: the other 50% being "pusher/servbot").

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he has a pretty good relationship with other fellow aussies

of course, you can be an aussie and not like him. you are allowed to do thag :lol:

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Your nickname contains one of the biggest douchebags in tennis history and yet you don't like Kyrgios? I'm eager to hear your reasons :lol:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Hmm, I wonder why some Aussies may not like him. Maybe he's not Aussie enough for them :rolleyes:
well, if he had blue eyes and blonde hair ... :ignore:

What is wrong with you people? You have to bitch about something all the time. How about talking about something you like? Do you like anything or anybody? Yes, no, maybe?

What do you want?

Justin Bieber will win CYGS next year.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Not Aussie enough? They only want to see Aboriginals?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts