Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he got into that car accident awhile ago, but does anyone know his status??

I hope he's on the path to recovery. :(

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did he?? Last time I heard, he was just seriously hurt.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Story i found on the net:

"I'm like a little kid, it's so exciting." These were the words from doubles tennis star Jeff Coetzee as he leapt around the court just five months after he lay crippled in a hospital bed. A car crash in January killed Coetzee's nephew and nearly cost the tennis star his life. Doctors were not sure if he would ever play again.

"Just to be on the tennis court, I'm like a little kid. It's so exciting...the whole thing, I'm someone I used to be, just to be there is amazing," said the man who a few months ago could hardly move.

Craig Pepper, a Biokinetic Intern, says: "His hips are doing very well. You'll see in the water, he's doing things that a normal person with the same problem wouldn't be able to do during his recovery."

Coetzee is not playing any matches yet, but he wants to badly. "Personally I can feel I can get to where I was, it can only get better and getting through all this and making me a tougher person, I think I can definitely get to where I was," he laments.

Coetzee's recovery has been so remarkable that he initially planned to start his comeback at Wimbledon. He has put those plans on hold and says he should be playing competitively again by mid-August, just in time for the last grand slam of the year, the US Open. Coetzee is ranked third in the world as a doubles player.

He's a cutie!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the news.

That's very nice to hear. I wish him well in his return. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts