Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ostrava CH seems to have plenty of WCs from Czech.

Quite a few of them seem lesser names to me. Anyone got some more info of them?

Lehecka needs less introduction. Obviously having his best year so far reaching CH SF in Russia. Lost surprisingly to a #1646 last week.

I included Pavlasek if someone knows what he has been doing lately / what caused his downfall.

But the others? What are the expectations? Anyone worth seeing?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lehecka and Rikl the only players left. They are also the only ones who havent played yet.

Pavlasek I would expect to retire? His tennis isnt top #500 stuff and he looks like he is about to cry all the time on court. Too bad - was a decent player 5 years ago.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I watched Svrcina for half a set against Molleker, he was hitting the ball decently but after 3-2 *40-0 lead he started spraying errors and hit like 5 double faults in 2 games. Losing to 2021 Molleker is not very encouraging.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I watched Svrcina for half a set against Molleker, he was hitting the ball decently but after 3-2 *40-0 lead he started spraying errors and hit like 5 double faults in 2 games. Losing to 2021 Molleker is not very encouraging.
Still don't understand how Molleker went from being such a powerful hitter off the ball, to this UFE machine, I know it's due to not having any confidence on himself, but I don't understand why he doesn't go two months to Antalya to play 15ks until he gets his confidence back. He's clearly not capable of beating top 300 players with any kind of regularity. Same goes for Kuhn.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Still don't understand how Molleker went from being such a powerful hitter off the ball, to this UFE machine, I know it's due to not having any confidence on himself, but I don't understand why he doesn't go two months to Antalya to play 15ks until he gets his confidence back. He's clearly not capable of beating top 300 players with any kind of regularity. Same goes for Kuhn.
Agreed but he tried to play a 15k in Antalya and lost there as well. Albeit it being J.M. Cerundolo who later won a 250 but still

·
Registered
318 Posts
Agreed but he tried to play a 15k in Antalya and lost there as well. Albeit it being J.M. Cerundolo who later won a 250 but still
Yeah, but that's just a tournament. You need to go there for 2 months, you'll win a lot more points (he's won 12 points all season) and get your confidence back.

This whole thing of playing challengers because that's what I should be doing, doesn't help. To recover the confidence, you need to win 5 or 6 matches in a row.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I am familiar with almost all these names, but saw only Lehecka and was quite impressed.

Rikl - has he something in common with David Rikl, who used to be a top world doubles player ?

Krumich - first time I see this name

Srvcina - I know the name, but nothing more

Paulson either won or was in the final of some ITF last year, am I right ? He has British father and Czech mother, I read it somewhere

and is it Adam Pavlasek ? He used to be a Top200-300 iirc

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I am familiar with almost all these names, but saw only Lehecka and was quite impressed.

Rikl - has he something in common with David Rikl, who used to be a top world doubles player ?

Krumich - first time I see this name

Srvcina - I know the name, but nothing more

Paulson either won or was in the final of some ITF last year, am I right ? He has British father and Czech mother, I read it somewhere

and is it Adam Pavlasek ? He used to be a Top200-300 iirc
"I am familiar with almost all these names"

Proceeds to explain how he isn't familiar at all with any of these names.

😂 😂 😂

No hard feelings, I just chuckled to myself reading this post. 🤷‍♂️😎(y)

·
Registered
21,954 Posts
Btw what is the reason that the Czechs failed to produce at least a talent of Vesely's caliber in recent years?
Unfortunately not many Czech posters around to explain it...

Reactions: umbrellapub

·
Registered
2,714 Posts

😂 😂 😂

I don't understand, probably some glitch with my English :)

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Btw what is the reason that the Czechs failed to produce at least a talent of Vesely's caliber in recent years?
Unfortunately not many Czech posters around to explain it...
Machac might be able to reach a Vesely career, maybe better.

·
Registered
21,954 Posts
Reactions: POTUS Haase

·
Registered
6,115 Posts

😂 😂 😂

Yeah but couldn't ''being familiair with a name'' refer to 'having seen the name in results/entry lists, but not having seen them play'?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
@FelipeL @POTUS Haase cheers 😎 What did happen to Adam Palvasek, he was a qualifier name for a good while
I don't know, he felt off the radar completely.

Same about Kenny de Schepper. I thought the guy is 40 years old and still plays sometimes but only for fun. But he is 33, so not the youngest but surely with 3-4 years of playing more. And I was :oops: when I saw his name in the Q to some futures a week or two ago.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I don't know, he felt off the radar completely.

Same about Kenny de Schepper. I thought the guy is 40 years old and still plays sometimes but only for fun. But he is 33, so not the youngest but surely with 3-4 years of playing more. And I was :oops: when I saw his name in the Q to some futures a week or two ago.
All I know from watching Kenny is that he is heavily reliant on his serve and has a tendency to freak out and just doesn't have the movement to deal with top top guys.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He won the latest Challenger he played in March, after that he didn't play any matches. Straight seated both Kwon and McDonald, he has potential.
I tried to search what he has been doing lately as he withdrew from Ostrava and Prague.

Best I could find (instagram)

tomas_machac_official_fan_page
He told me he has been sick, but didn’t elaborate on that. He also said this has been the first week he has been able to train

So his next tournament is the Heilbronn CH in 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts